GWTW Forum
August 23, 2014, 02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheesh - what's a guy gotta do to get a VF entry?  (Read 1537 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« on: February 16, 2011, 01:27 PM »

First day without rain in quite a few, but.....

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]

6 kite tom
in.divi.dual
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 02:22 PM »

First day without rain in quite a few, but.....

Fly his Fearless-mid-vented-SUL ?

WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 02:26 PM »

(Based on the tried and true knowledge that a new kite purchase creates the perfect conditions to fly a kite of inversely proportional charactistics)

Tom it's a little hard to interpret, I can't work out whether you bought a SUL, Foil, UL, and then Vented... or was it QPro VV, Vapor, Micron, Tensor, 4D...

That there Tom is a kite god saying you have bought to many kites (in what appears to be a 1 hour time frame), if that's the case then it's your fault, you provided a 'kite acquirers environmental perfect storm' KAEPS)Wink

Clear as day to me Smiley

WinterDaze AoF
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 02:36 PM »

by those readings i shouldnt of sold my apex 2

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20 PM »

No mug for you !

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25 PM »

(Based on the tried and true knowledge that a new kite purchase creates the perfect conditions to fly a kite of inversely proportional charactistics)

Tom it's a little hard to interpret, I can't work out whether you bought a SUL, Foil, UL, and then Vented... or was it QPro VV, Vapor, Micron, Tensor, 4D...

That there Tom is a kite god saying you have bought to many kites (in what appears to be a 1 hour time frame), if that's the case then it's your fault, you provided a 'kite acquirers environmental perfect storm' KAEPS)Wink

Clear as day to me Smiley

As always WD, you have indeed brought us into the inner dimension...........What's it like downunder?

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:52 PM »

Out the window, while I ply away on an edit...

Wind is harder to get than a lotto win here also, getting about 15 mins to 1/2 hour a week of flying if I'm lucky Sad and as a very rusty flyer, it's not helping...

My VF 18 entry is in, so I'm now just wishing I could 'upgrade' it.

As with most entrants I guess, I would love another go at it...  Grin

WD

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]

WinterDaze AoF
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 01:35 AM »

Tom
there was a day a week (maybe 10 days) ago that I got out to the hill... actually surprised I didn't see you there filming.  it was muddy and wind was all over the place, but when isn't it.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:17 PM »

Yea its been the same here Tom.  0-1mph or 18+ and today, the only day with 5-8 mph steady winds in the last 2 months, its raining hard and steady all day  Sad
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 06:25 PM »

Yea its been the same here Tom.  0-1mph or 18+ and today, the only day with 5-8 mph steady winds in the last 2 months, its raining hard and steady all day  Sad
There's nothing wrong with flying in a driving rain, the kite needs a fresh water bath every once in a while... The lines bind up easier, the kite flies a little heavier, but it's the same otherwise.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 06:42 PM »

There's nothing wrong with flying in a driving rain, the kite needs a fresh water bath every once in a while... The lines bind up easier, the kite flies a little heavier, but it's the same otherwise.
We that and when you say you nailed a new trick though you can't prove it people can say your all wet and it would be true Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document