GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: music and flying  (Read 1508 times)
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: February 20, 2011, 07:40 PM »

When your flying due u listen to music if so what do u listen to?

Me depends percisipn flying hard rock metalica

Trick flying alternative such as papa roach

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:36 PM »

Depends on my mood really.  If I'm relaxing doing figures and  old school stuff its classical or light Jazz.  Freestyle its anything from blues to rock to swing jazz to........  Well I do like my variety Tongue
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:20 AM »

If I'm in the mood for something quiet and relaxing it's usually something by Ludovico Einaudi.  If I want something a bit more aggresive, usually Mogwai.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:27 PM »

What ever comes on the Ipod wich goes from heavy metal to jazz...But all time fav must be Deep Purple Child in time from the made in Japan album. Lately a lot of Genesis also...

The new Frank!
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:49 PM »

This is going to sound stupid, but usually, because I'm around music allllll the time, I just listen to the sounds around me.
Occasionally I'll play something on my car speakers for like 5 or 10 mins, but usually I just like to listen to the wind and the trees rustling.

Btw cgreguich73, if you're interested in flying this summer, I'll be home in Michigan. Not sure if you come over to the wednesday night flys at schoolcraft in plymouth, but if you haven't by all means drop by! We'd love to have you and fly with you.

Hopefully looking forward to meeting you soon!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
cgregurich73

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:34 PM »

to adx yeah joe just sent me a invite to that and i have to stop by kites and fun things in a few weeks and pick up my custom wmul. Yeah i will probably come out flying but it will have to be when my wifes classes r down for the spring semester she has classes on weds night. Also  your form pickney correct i go there all the time.

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:40 PM »

I don't fly to music. It cuts down the chances of converting a lemming into a future flier.

You won't hear them if they come up from behind to converse or mug you either.  Huh

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 09:01 PM »

+1 on the mugging haha.

And yeah I'm in Pinckney. It's cool you're there a lot!
I'll be back the wednesday after mothers day. I have a concert that I have to play here, otherwise I'd be back a lot earlier. Lame! haha.

I hope you like the WMUL!
My dad works in Lansing all the time too, heres there everyday. Haha, small world.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
bt
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 12:08 AM »

I`m a musician and some of the flying time is spent listening to music....however mostly it is music and/or sounds I have to learn or am working on. It is another "listening room"....what do things sound like on an mp3 player with little ear buds..... I feel very fortunate to be able to use kiting as part of my work per se.
I`ll also listen to a podcast or two of some radio shows I may miss.
Other than that, I like to hear whatever sounds are or aren`t around me....that`s music enough.
bt
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 02:31 PM »

I'm not a fan of earbuds either, there's usually a tune or two in my head competing with the voices already. I do enjoy being in a venue with a sound system blaring though, anything the DJ puts on works for me in that case. Ancient to classic rock/pop that I know or something mellow recognized or not in that case.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Gamelord

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57 PM »

I love music while I fly and my MP3 is full of everything from MGMT & Rage Against the Machine to Tychowski & Beethoven.  I usually don't get to listen much because others always seem to want to come out on the field and chat....or I would rather talk with my kite buds that I only get to see once a week if I am lucky.

I am quite selective about sound quality and lately I have found that Skullcandy ear buds are awesome!  I did just pick up a pair of Shure buds that I was told sound incredible.  I will have to do some comparisons to see how they stack up to the Skullcandy ones.

Those that do listen to music, what have you found for ear buds / headphones?

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25 PM »

Most of the time I prefer to listen to the kite. When I do listen to music, its got to match the conditions. Flying an SUL at dawn requires different music than flying a standard on a blustery afternoon.
For ear-buds I prefer Etymotic Research.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 03:56 AM »

I prefer to hear the approaching dog before it reaches my kite so no music for me.

jaydub

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 05:14 AM »

I prefer to hear the approaching dog before it reaches my kite so no music for me.
Same here! Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document