GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 12:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is what the sport is about....  (Read 683 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: February 28, 2011, 11:33 AM »

I have come to learn in the  past couple years that there is more to just putting a string attached to some paper and  calling it kite flying. 
I remember my neighborhood as a child.  Every tree had kites caught in them... I lived inHarper Woods Mi. at the time.   
I have flown  a Delta Convey for twenty years same kite.  Not every year but a lot of years a few times a year.  Couple years ago I started to fly kites again and  bought some nice  Deltas at Kites and Fun Things.   Then some line laundry.  Then a large Power sled.. then a Jordan 50... then a Delta Drive....
But more so I started to have a new group of friends.  I live 45 minutes away by expressway,but so what.  We laugh, we joke , we learn.  This video is really about all of us who come together here on this  site.  Guys from Australia, Ireland,England,Singapore, Germany Huh   This is nothing but good.

Brick flying kites.wmv

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:23 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:21 PM »

[sarcasm] i like how the lady at fault "forgave" the woman and child who she rear ended with her car. uhh ... if only we could all forgive those who we've wronged. [/sarcasm]

i'm very grateful to have found a group who reserves judgment and shares enthusiasm for kites unabashedly. they add immensely to the experience and enjoyment of flying. the friday fly with friends is always the highlight of my week.
 thank you guys.

Fdeli
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 03:58 PM »

Huh Huh Huh

Very, well....

Orwellian...

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography