GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 07:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new project: La Tucán  (Read 1032 times)
elchiquitin
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 28, 2011, 02:58 PM »

This is my first project of stunt kite, of course I do not know if it flies, because it is the first prototype, but I enjoyed with the creation process.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:02 PM by elchiquitin » Logged

ezme6
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:32 PM »

It looks like you spent some time with the sewing machine!
Looks great, I hope it flys like you want Grin

"Do what you like"
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:36 PM »

Wow, now that's some retro work, I like it. Hope to see it finished up and in the air soon. Did you work off a plan or a current kite? Nice to see original graphics on a first build. keep it up.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
stapp59
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 06:41 AM »

Wow, nice panel work  Smiley  That sail could hang in a museum of modern art somewhere...

Seems to me there are three aspects of a great kite:

- Aesthetics: Shape, panel layout, color.  You have a great example there.
- Aerodynamics/flight performance: Some of the best flying kites can be pretty plain, especially prototypes.
- Craftsmanship: Projects that are well built tend to work better and last longer.  An attractive kite layout built by a master craftsman is a thing of beauty.  Quality of materials is important.  A craftsman will use the best materials they can for the task at hand.

When all three converge you get a truly great kite.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:46 AM by stapp59 » Logged
bigpappo1
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 12:03 PM »

Pepe
There's been a lot of us with doubts if the kites we made would actually fly!. I remember the first kite I made didn't fly great, but it did fly. You seem to have a great sense about pattern design. Keep it up.
elchiquitin

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 12:45 PM »

Pepe
There's been a lot of us with doubts if the kites we made would actually fly!. I remember the first kite I made didn't fly great, but it did fly. You seem to have a great sense about pattern design. Keep it up.

The pattern is from my own, I was working in 7 kites from Derefat, Werne's Bzar, and some one else,  I had read a lot Ian Newman web about ratios etc. and of course I have flied 20 different kites and learned some of their shapes, so I tried to put the best of all I have learn in one plan, but it the first prototype I know it is normal to reach 6 more or less to get a good result, well I will keep on it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography