GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 05:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bobby Benton ( st3307)  (Read 2267 times)
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: March 02, 2011, 04:48 PM »

Bobby is in the LaTrobe PA. hospital with the flu and pneumonia. He was taken by ambulance this past Sunday. He awoke with a high fever, and had trouble breathing. He is a diabetic, and is on steroids to fight pleurisy. Of course, the steroids have really messed up his blood sugar. He is in isolation, and has three I.V.'s loaded with antibiotics. I spoke to him briefly today, and said to say hi to all on this forum.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to him, and his wife Stacy.

Regards to All,
Chris

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:58 PM »

Disturbing news, our thoughts go with him also. Always a regular in the GWTW Chat room whenever you want to talk a little kites with somebody. Wishing a speedy recovery Bobby, see you in chat soon.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
whitey
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59 PM »

I wondered about him lately because he's usually in the chat section here in the eve..
 My thoughts and prayers go out to him,...and Stacy too.

Thanks for letting us know,

whitey
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 05:06 PM »

Thinking of him here, too.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for his speedy recovery!
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 05:14 PM »

I hope he recovers soon. I talk to him on the chat room every day or so. I was also wondering if he was ok, since I knew about his diabetes. Embarrassed If you talk to him again soon, please tell him that the 14 year old forum rat says that his thoughts and prayers are with him as well; That and will cheer him up a little.
Thanks for letting us know, Chris.
Alfredo.
 Sad

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
kiteclique
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 05:32 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that ... get well soon Bobby

-Frazer
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:40 PM »

Bummer, pass along my well wishes! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers, thanks for posting this

Sine Metu!
Stuart99

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:53 PM »

That is sad news, if you talk to him again tell him that I am thinking of him.
fidelio

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 06:06 PM »

if you speak with him again, please let him know we all wish him well and hope to see him here soon.

- darren

Fdeli
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 08:42 PM »

Thoughts to you, Bobby, and your family and may you recover quickly and completely. Flying season is coming. Get up and get out there.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:27 AM »

Well wishes to you, Bobby ! A speedy recovery, and hopefully stronger & better than ever when this is all done...

Grin  Rob.

DonCrash

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34 AM »

Wishing him well and and a good recovery.

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
cgregurich73

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 07:42 AM »

Best wishes for a healthy recovery.  Bobby got me hooked on skyburner kites
so he needs to get better soon flying season is right around the corner.

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
AeroStar
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 09:07 AM »

I just talked to both Bobby & Stacy this morning (Thurs 3/3).  He is still on three powerful antibiotics but his condition has stabilized.  Bobby also feels as if he's on the upswing so that was good to hear!   

Optimistically, doctors are saying he may be discharged on Sat but this coming Mon is probably more realistic. After leaving the hospital, he'll require a PICC line to continue his antibiotic treatments.  For sure, it's going to take some time to fully recover.

Please continue to keep Bobby in your thoughts and prayers.  With the onset of Spring, that should be good motivation for him to get better and back on the flying field! Smiley

-Paul 
UPNET

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 10:25 AM »

Thanks, Paul. I just got off phone with him also. He does sound better. I relayed to him all the thoughts and prayers from the Forum members. He said to thank all the members, and I know he appreciates you all. I believe it really helps.

Chris

PICC Line:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripherally_inserted_central_catheter

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document