GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 12:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canon PowerShot 12.1 Megapixel Camera -$290  (Read 1119 times)
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: March 03, 2011, 09:54 AM »

Its not a DSLR but looks to be a nice camera at about 40% off

Super Hot

* TigerDirect.com is carrying this 12.1MP Digital Camera for $279.97
    * Shipping cost on this item is $7.29 (to our location)
    * Final Price: $279.97 + $7.29 = $287.26 Shipped

Compare: Adorama.com ($399.00) | Office Depot ($399.99) | pcRUSH.com ($414.37) | Computers4SURE.com ($423.28)

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40 PM »

I have the previous SX10 and have been very pleased with it. I got the SX10 to replace my previous S5. 

The SX20 added a slight bit more resolution and HD video.  I would like to move up to the new SX30 when a little extra cash comes my way.  Biggest new feature on the 30 is a 35x zoom.  Played around with it today and 35x zoom is pretty amazing.  Across Office Depot could read the stock numbers on boxes.

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:51 PM »

I have the previous SX10 and have been very pleased with it. I got the SX10 to replace my previous S5. 

Me too!

Just got a used SX10 a few weeks ago. A lot of camera for the money.

Allen, AKA kitehead
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:59 AM »

Ok, I'll review it too...
I've had the SX10 for 3 years now I think and it has been a great camera. The most appreciated feature of the SX-is series is the robust feel and fit in your hand, you won't feel cramped and you won't worry about stuffing it in your fanny pack, mine lives there all day and has come through unscathed. The 20x zoom includes a good wide angle range making it great for shooting kites as well as getting everybody in a picture in a cramped indoors shot. I also appreciate that it uses standard AA batteries, forget to charge? a set of Alkaline's from any store will get you going. The reviews are sort of bland on it "not a standout", but I shopped and held everything else and out of all the camera's that shared the big zoom this is the one that gave me that happy feeling in my hand. And using an SD card, standard batteries and that swivel screen that keeps me from having to lie on my belly for ground level shots took it way over the top for me. If you NEED .raw output just install and boot to the CHDK hack'd firmware and you're golden, the original firmware stays intact.

The SX20 added full 1280 HD video and a better flash range and faster recycle to the SX10.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document