GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 03:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF 18 results  (Read 3283 times)
Yan
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 06, 2011, 12:45 PM »

The scores can be downloaded from here in the form of a word document.

The flyers voted that Alex Belov should get the Reflex Kite, kindly donated by Icky TV.

Adrien Gauteux          245   100    1
Alex Belov                 244   100    2
David Ruger               239    98    3
Davide Equizzi           225    92    4
Bryan Beasley            217    89    5
Shannon Winterdaze   214    87    6
Gerardo Fisanotti        196    80    7
Thomas Patterson       194    79    8
Krijn Hemminga           192    79    9
Rob Barden                182    74   10
Gabriel Barrionuevo     167    68   11
Andy Booth               159    65   12
Martin Ruano             127    52   13
Konstantin Ratsos       119    48   14
Anthony Eichele        98    40   15
Christophe Enderle      90    37   16

Got to say a few words of thanks to Jorgen of Sportkitedesign, Steve of GWTW and Carlo of Icky TV for the donation of prizes (which i will draw for in the next couple of days...) and to Thomas  - www.4liners.dk for allowing the videos to be hosted in his online space.

Well flown Adrien!  =D> just one point ahead of Alex.

Nearly a hatrick David!

Thanks everybody for entering, I'll draw the prizes soon,  Cheesy  =D>  =D>
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:07 PM by Yan » Logged

WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:48 PM »

Cool

Viva La VF!

Well done all! As always, it's a pleasure to participate...

So now on to that little issue of the 'Mug'....  Roll Eyes

WD

WinterDaze AoF
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:59 PM »

oooh, close one. congratulations everyone.

it's nice to see the entries from buenos aires growing.

WD you'd win the tricks per minute category i'm sure, should there have been such.

and i see maths have conspired once more to place the always excellent, amazingly consistent bryan beasley in fifth spot. surely the sun would not rise, the tides not sway, and reason fail us all were this not the case.

thank you yan for keeping VF going, and thank you all for the great videos to watch.

Fdeli
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:58 AM »

Cool

Viva La VF!

Well done all! As always, it's a pleasure to participate...

So now on to that little issue of the 'Mug'....  Roll Eyes

WD
  I can send you a pic of mine Shannon and if you ever make it to Cali I'll even offer you a cup of coffee in it Tongue   Good to see your entry this round.

Grats to ADrian for the win and to Alex for the kite prize.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 10:21 AM »

As always, it's a pleasure to participate...
6th place..... you are the new Bryan.  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
bojocatkite
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:02 PM »

This VF drives me crazy... there are 20 different threads in 10 different forums, us, uk, france and NONE, I say NONE gives the main web site where we can actually watch all the videos...

You talk about something, or promote it, at least give CLEARLY the main website instead of giving direct link to word document or zip files If I go to the parent directory  /www.kitebox.net/ I see nothing.
I don't know that seems like a evidence to me but not to all the people who post about VF.
Ca Ike

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:21 PM »

This VF drives me crazy... there are 20 different threads in 10 different forums, us, uk, france and NONE, I say NONE gives the main web site where we can actually watch all the videos...

You talk about something, or promote it, at least give CLEARLY the main website instead of giving direct link to word document or zip files If I go to the parent directory  /www.kitebox.net/ I see nothing.
I don't know that seems like a evidence to me but not to all the people who post about VF.
  Main website is here   http://www.virtualfreestyle.net/ .  As far as hosting videos for streaming I doubt thats ever going to happen.  THis competition is done mostly by people volunteering their time and resources with the help of a few sponsors.  Right now getting the videos by downloading the zip file is the only way to see them all but some of the entrants post them on you tube or vimeo as well.

The main forum is here  http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=0333647d25b5e0be53dde72a9baf0df9.  Its posted on other forums to get the word around. Any other questions you have I'm sure YAn or Zippy8 can answer them better than me since they both run or have run it.  Keep in mind this is mainly a for fun comp, largely informal and anyone can enter if they want no matter what skill level.
WinterDaze

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45 PM »

As always, it's a pleasure to participate...
6th place..... you are the new Bryan.  Wink

Mike.

Lol, I see what you're doing here... now if it works Bryan will get a mug next round  Undecided and well I....  Embarrassed well, lets just say, for the foreseeable future I'm going to have an easier time finding a scotch glass in my cupboard come breaky time Wink

Thanks for the offer Ca Ike, a tempting offer for sure, but I'm sticking to my guns, it'll be MY cup or NONE!  Grin

WD

WinterDaze AoF
zippy8

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 08:30 PM »

This VF drives me crazy... there are 20 different threads in 10 different forums

Man I loves me some authentic frontier gibberish  Roll Eyes

You talk about something, or promote it, at least give CLEARLY the main website

So it's on the poster for VF18, it's been on the videos I made for earlier rounds, hell even if it wasn't it's the first search result in both Google and Bing. Is it too much to ask for a little smidgen of self-help if it isn't served up for you on a plate ? Would you like me to fly the kite for you too ?

If I go to the parent directory  /www.kitebox.net/ I see nothing.

Yeah. That's the video hosting site's URL. The event's called Virtual Freestyle and not Kite Box. I personally would regard this as a clue of sorts.

I have simply no idea what this collection of words is meant to convey.

Mike.

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09 PM »

well there's a 60 grit answer to a 220 grit question.

Fdeli
WinterDaze

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 11:29 PM »

Hey Bojo,

Don't worry it drives all of us crazy (although I'm only speaking for myself), VF is loose, and it always generates discussion as to the use of it's so called 'rules', all of these discussions peter (an old US mining slang to mean to come to nothing) out as a new round looms. Then we do it all over again  Undecided

Bojo, look at it this way, if you're getting this 'passionate' about it just trying to find it, just wait till you're in it and participating  Grin, that there will freak you out (well maybe not but I just love using that phrase  Wink)

And remember, VF is all about the mug, and if you don't win a mug they sometimes try and make you feel better by letting you win a kite. Yeah, I know, it's no mug, but I look at it as being 'better than nothing" Smiley

Now that there my friend is what I call a loose format....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:32 PM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
bojocatkite
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 01:42 AM »

First of all, have some respect, english is not my mother tongue so ok I make some mistake, I'm sorry.

I've seen virtualfreestyle.net/ of course but there is no videos or link to the vids of the last VF, it stopped at VF16 (no 17 and 18).
That's why I said this is confusing. I guess the vids are only for the participants to see (those who judge if I understood correctly).

Is my english clear enough for you this time or do you need more explanation "served up for you on a plate" to quote you (I mean no disrespect of course)  ?  Wink

This VF drives me crazy... there are 20 different threads in 10 different forums

Man I loves me some authentic frontier gibberish  Roll Eyes

You talk about something, or promote it, at least give CLEARLY the main website

So it's on the poster for VF18, it's been on the videos I made for earlier rounds, hell even if it wasn't it's the first search result in both Google and Bing. Is it too much to ask for a little smidgen of self-help if it isn't served up for you on a plate ? Would you like me to fly the kite for you too ?

If I go to the parent directory  /www.kitebox.net/ I see nothing.

Yeah. That's the video hosting site's URL. The event's called Virtual Freestyle and not Kite Box. I personally would regard this as a clue of sorts.

I have simply no idea what this collection of words is meant to convey.

Mike.
Ca Ike

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:25 AM »

First of all, have some respect, english is not my mother tongue so ok I make some mistake, I'm sorry.

I've seen virtualfreestyle.net/ of course but there is no videos or link to the vids of the last VF, it stopped at VF16 (no 17 and 18).
That's why I said this is confusing. I guess the vids are only for the participants to see (those who judge if I understood correctly).

Is my english clear enough for you this time or do you need more explanation "served up for you on a plate" to quote you (I mean no disrespect of course)  ?  Wink

WEll the first part was obvious to anyone paying attention. Smiley  As for the videos on the main site, Yan (and Mike?)is, or was, trying to get an archive going of past VF rounds and the current will be added as time and hosting space allows I'm sure.  Yan posts a link in the main forum to download the current rounds entries within a day of sending them out to us participants for judging so anyone that wants to can get them to watch.  This was started by kiters, for kiters and is run by kiters mostly in their spare time, as I understand it, with whatever help is donated.

zippy8

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 04:41 AM »

F5. There are links on the main page to individual rounds 17 and 18. The one for 18, just passed, has a link to a file with all the videos.

I note the continuing existence of this piece of prose on the front page:-

Discussion about all things VF normally takes place on the Fractured Axel forum and an even more prominent link to the relevant FA section on the left of the page.

Having all of the videos in one, simple to download ZIP file is a brilliant idea* 'cos it simplifies getting hold of them all to peruse at your leisure, which can be quite important when there are 33 videos to look over such as happened in round 13.

I guess the vids are only for the participants to see

Poor guess.

Mike,
* you're welcome.

Yan
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 06:21 AM »

This VF drives me crazy...

Yeah, it drives me crazy too.... the trouble is that it is a global competition and local people use local forums to discuss their experiances of it.... hence many threads....

I consider the VF section of Fractured Axel to be the main place for posting information and it is generally the most up to date.  I try to keep GWTW (and now the facebook group) up to date as well, but as for forums in other languages, I'm afraid my knowledge of other languages is not as good as yours!

Another thing to consider is that VF is essentially very simple, and there is not a lot of 'need to know' information or rules.

VF is open to all and entry from yourself would be most welcome, contact me at virtualfreestyle[at]gmail.com and I'll make sure you have all the inforamtion you need. Grin

Oh, and apart from the mugs, there are also special straps (wrist and finger) made with the the round number on them... another must have prize from GWTW.

Yan

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document