GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakko spreaders  (Read 2669 times)
Imafloater
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: April 14, 2009, 06:39 PM »

I lost, misplaced, never had the "arm" spreaders for a primer Yakko.  I can't seem to find a place to buy replacements.  Don't ask how I know but carbon fiber doesn't work as a replacment.  Anybody in kite land that can help - please help!
SKITCH

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:38 PM »

Have you checked over at kitebuilder.com???

Ask those guys, I'm sure they can help you out.

P

Here is a link to the instructions for the kite in case that helps you with your search.

http://www.premierkites.com/premier/pdf/45321_1.pdf
http://www.premierkites.com/premier/pdf/45321_2.pdf
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:57 PM by SKITCH » Logged

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:51 AM »

Would it be too simple to call Premier?Huh
Am I missing something? Lips sealed
They do have a telephone!
SKITCH

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 08:41 PM »

Would it be too simple to call Premier?Huh
Am I missing something? Lips sealed
They do have a telephone!

Heh heh heh heh heh...........hmmmmmm?

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:43 PM »

I refrained on commenting about Premiers customer service and attitude towards us. Let's just say don't bother it'll only agravate you.

Maybe Steve can get Ted to check his out, If I remember correctly Ted bought the last one GWTW sold.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24 AM »

I refrained on commenting about Premiers customer service and attitude towards us. Let's just say don't bother it'll only agravate you.
That has not been my experience.
I had a problem with a kite, they sent me another and a mailing label to return the original at their expense.
I've found them helpful.
Actual info on what the exact length and type of material is at their end.
I've had a Yakkao and they have a mix of materials on it, including braided flexy fiberglass.
Funny kite that likes to dance.
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:04 PM »

Well once we were face to face with Jim C he did go above and beyond expectations for us too, providing parts for free when we were only requesting the spec's to replace them ourselves.

Guess I should qualify that with "email doesn't work, you'll need to find the phone number" which wasn't available on the website at that time, unless as I found out later you had a slow enough connection to see it before the page loaded and then did a right click>view source to find it in the html code.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
dadecitykiter
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 04:11 PM »

I have a first year model (blue).
Don't know if they made any changes but here is what I have.

2 pieces carbon tube .270 one is 24 1/4 inches while the other is 24 1/2 and has an external ferrule. There are also metal tubes about 3/8 inch long around one end of each tube as a reinforcement.
Do not skip the ferrule and try to get away with a single piece 49 inches long. The ferrule comes in handy during assembly. The ferrule has a gap of 1/4 inch between the two tubes.

1 piece of carbon tube .270 that is 40 inches long. This tube also has the metal reinforcement tubes at both ends.

2 pieces of fiberglass rod .155 48 1/2 inches long with a couple of stoppers glued 4 5/8 inches from each end. The second stopper is just there to keep the first from slipping.

2 pieces of carbon rod .155 10 inches long with stoppers placed 5 inches from the end and a ferrule glued to the other end of both rods.

Slide the fiberglass through both sleeves. Put one of the 10 inch pieces on the end of one of the fiberglass rods at the top and push it into the "arm" enough that you can get the other side fitted with the remaining 10 inch rod as well as the 40 inch tube.  Push one of the shorter tubes into each sleeve at the bottom and onto the fiberglass rod. Connect at the ferrule which should be at the center of the kite.

You should still have 2 carbon tubes and 3 fiberglass rods left over for the body. Let me know if you need the dimensions.

Now get to work and enjoy.

Gary

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:36 PM by dadecitykiter » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum