GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 03:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5500 Holes Might Not Be Enough  (Read 3090 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: April 18, 2009, 07:53 AM »

Seven of us flew the Holey™ Rev last night.

Winds: 5 mph
Altitude: 2200 ft
Temp: 70°F
Barometer: Don't know
Lines: 50'/150#
Spars: centre is a 4 wrap Rev spar and the rest is Sky Shark P-200

The Rev flew very slowly and gracefully. Everyone commented on how smooth the kite was. Frankly, I was surprised it was even flying at all in the 5 mph wind. I was hoping for higher wind to test the upper end a bit. Maybe I should add venting to the yellow material too. I really don't want to enlarge the holes, although they just may be too small. We'll know more when I get some airtime in higher winds.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:24 AM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:53 AM »

You did an awesome job on it! It looks like it came with the holes!

Congrats! and thanks again for helping me gain the parafoil! Which, BTW, just arrived! Little purple beauty... I've got the kite, the sun, decent temperature (finally!)... now all I need is alittle wind!!!!!!! Biting at the bit!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
sailor99
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:57 AM »

Nice John. We'll make a rev flier out of you yet.......
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:19 PM »

I can fly them (not too well upside down), just don't enjoy them as much as dualies.

Except when the winds are up over 15 mph, then a vented Rev is more fun than a dualie.

I have 2 Revs. That's enough for me.  Smiley

bt

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 11:02 PM »

I have 2 Revs. That's enough for me.  Smiley

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I said that 17 revs ago......
bt
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 11:59 PM »

2 revs?  Maybe enough kite for 1 and a half Cheesy  Anyway, just keep having people send you 1.5 Baressi kites, and poke larger and different holes until you get it right. Any volunteers?
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:46 AM »

Actually, I have a Rev 1.5 (a gift from Dan Whitney years ago) and a 1988 Rev 1 bought on the Swap Meet here a while back.

The Holey™ Rev will be sent along to whomever Mr. Brown chooses once I get some higher wind airtime.

Lee, I thought you just flew your ELMO.  Shocked

Watty
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 11:06 AM »

Seven of us flew the Holey™ Rev last night.

Winds: 5 mph
Altitude: 2200 ft
Temp: 70°F
Barometer: Don't know
Lines: 50'/150#
Spars: centre is a 4 wrap Rev spar and the rest is Sky Shark P-200

The Rev flew very slowly and gracefully. Everyone commented on how smooth the kite was. Frankly, I was surprised it was even flying at all in the 5 mph wind. I was hoping for higher wind to test the upper end a bit. Maybe I should add venting to the yellow material too. I really don't want to enlarge the holes, although they just may be too small. We'll know more when I get some airtime in higher winds.

That seems like with some lighter line (90lb) and some race rods it could be a heck of a light wind kite.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography