GWTW Forum
November 20, 2014, 06:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiters are the nicest people...  (Read 768 times)
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: March 22, 2011, 09:15 PM »

For those of u that have not met me im Chris Gregurich and I live in Lansing MI. I have been a power kiter most of my life from quadfoils to 16m depower kites. About 4 months I had in accident at my job that caused me to tear several thorasic spinal ligaments that have been permanantly damaged this has changed my life drastically by probably ending my driving career as a truck driver and a power kiter. During my time off I was invited to a ice fly in Grand Rapids Mi. and i met 2 gentlemen there flying SkyBurner widow maker uls. They were Dave Bush and Dave Gibson and they got me intrested in sport kiting this form of kiting has not been a big strain on my back as long as i stay with std and ul with med wind. The also suggested I check out a forum called GWTW forum and I did and have met some wonderful people who general care about other people always asking how im doing. Since coming to this forum I have been able to only buy a few kites a prism hypnotist and a custom widow maker ul that my wife helped me buy because it keeps me out of her hair lol. But recently a gentlemen on this forum asked for my address and i asked why he said he was shipping me some kiting stuff I informed him that i didnt have any money at the time and he said dont worry. Ok on monday there was a box on my porch with 3 kites in it with a note that said pay me something when u can and if you cant please pass them on to someone else when you are done with them.

I told him people do not due things like this anymore and he informed me that there is more kiters like that then i knew.I just wanted thank him and let everyone know about his generosity.

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:30 AM »

I've met some really great people too. Pay it forward! (Just like anyplace else though, you do meet an occasional stinker. I've only met two in the past 8 years or so.)

Bob D.
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 05:09 AM »

I agree completely.

I bought 20 kites with the sole purpose of giving them all away.  It took a yr but I did it!  Now I need more!

Also, on this forumn, I inquired about a kite that looked interesting and the "seller" said that they would send to me with the hopes that I would give (something) to another person.  I was flabergasted (sp?) because I do this all the time.  It was a perfect match!

Unforunately, the package was lost in the mail.  8 weeks later (i.e. today) it arrived.

In the mean time, the "seller" felt so bad that he SENT ANOTHER KITE!  I expect it will arrive this week.

There are two kite festivals in the next month.  I am excited about putting these kites in the hands of others and telling them the story as they (possibly) get hooked on flying.  Yippie for kite fliers.

I'd say the name of the "seller" but I think he wanted to keep it on the down low.  He is one of the Good Guys.  I strive to be that good.

Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum