GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 06:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pellet projector forums?  (Read 1722 times)
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: March 10, 2011, 09:35 PM »

Looking for a decent pellet gun forum. Not finding one that's got good traffic on it. Squirrels eating my seedlings and other tasty edibles are prompting me to own a decent pellet projector. Unless no one has any quams about talking aboot it in this thread.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:06 AM »

You won't really find any good forums that are active for those unless you into olympic style comp shooting.  For the price Gamo has some nice ones in the 800-1k fps range as well as some of the best made pellet ammo.  Stick to .177 calibre .22 and 9mm pelets get expensive.  ALso save yourself some headache and get a side cocker or under barrel lever cocker.  THe break barrels, unless you get a really good pellet rifle tend to start bending from the cocking action.  For break barrels I wouldn't go with anything less than RWS but for side cockers or underlever Beeman and BSA/Gammo make some decent ones for the price.  Check your pms and I'll send you a link to the site I Get most of my air gun stuff from.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:22 AM by Ca Ike » Logged
browndude3649

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:35 PM »

Thanks for the post. Bought a RS2. 99$ Big5
They say it'll be aboot 1000rounds before barrel breaks in.
Use lead pellets only. I see alotta non lead or plastic coated stuff that i should not use ever?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:24 PM by browndude3649 » Logged
cerfvoliste

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 04:11 PM »

From experience....

No mater how many squirrels you shoot,,, more will come and take their place.
CV

browndude3649

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 07:14 AM »

I've seen fillable paintballs awhile ago, but yeah its possible Grin
Why perfume? You got kids that wont take a bath?
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:53 AM »

just be careful of your backdrop, many of the air rifles of today are pretty powerful, almost as powerful as a .22 rifle.
browndude3649

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 08:08 AM »

Course. i read the Beeman manuals back and forth, and play paintball regularly. I've seen how friendly fire can happen. Field owner always explains this during safety briefings. I was reading the blogs on the pyramid air website and the dude seems to know his stuff.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 01:17 PM »

Course. i read the Beeman manuals back and forth, and play paintball regularly. I've seen how friendly fire can happen. Field owner always explains this during safety briefings. I was reading the blogs on the pyramid air website and the dude seems to know his stuff.
Well he has been doing it for a long time.  I've been buying from him off an on for about 20 years myself.
ainokea
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 02:37 PM »

Hey, a kite flyer that shoots airguns just like me.
First, a couple of questions,
1. What caliber?
2. What kind of power plant?
    A. Springer (break barrel)
    B. Co2 (better for warmer temps, Co2's don't do very well in the cold, below 60 degrees)
    C. MP (multi pump)
    D. PCP (no, not drugs, but Pre Charged Pneumatics, the most expensive guns out there)
3. How much do you want to spend?

This is where the who's who of airgunners hangout, including the top airgunsmiths, tuners, parts makers and shooters from around the world hangout. I'm here several times a day.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

Here's a couple of my German toys.
First is a HW97k .22

This gun shoots a 5 shots, 1/2 in. group at 50 yards.
Another German gun, a HW95/Beeman R9 .22

I've taken cotton tails at 90 yards with this one.
And an American gun, custom built by me.

This is a Crosman 2250XT .22 Co2
Very quiet, very accurate.
I've also taken cottentails with this one at 80 yards.
Just some of my toys that I shoot when not flying.

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
browndude3649

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 06:47 PM »

.22 beeman RS2 sportsman. Breaker barrel.
Thanks for the linky. Hopefully they stomach noobs.
I just grabbed a 4mag subscription for airgun hobbyist. I almost bought the digital airgunner ,
but i'm bored with UK stuff. Not local enough. Too much advertising.
WHOA those are pretty toys!!!!
The last one looks like a paintball pump gun
ainokea
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09 PM »

Thanks, the only thing close to being a paintball marker is the 9oz. tank, beyond that,
it's no comparison. It'll punch clean through (both sides) a tin can at 90 yards with a 14.3 gr pellet.
It shoots in the high 600's fps, making it roughly a 13 1/2 fpe gun. More than enough power for
small pest, or rabbits which I've done on a few occasions beyond 60 yards. But for power, and reaching
out and "touching" a target beyond 90 yards, I grab this guy, my gas rammed HW80 in .177.

This one can easily "touch" something at 100 yards, not bad for a fancy, and not to mention, a very expensive
"bb gun".  Grin

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document