GWTW Forum
August 27, 2014, 01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KITE PARTY 10  (Read 14256 times)
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 09:09 AM »

I noticed that the box of official passes had a lot of unclaimed tags in it. 

First, THANK YOU DAVE!!!!! again

The box you refer to includes tags I make for (hopeful/some times attends/never register guests) There were a few registered but not attend fliers, but there were also non registered (past attendees) that showed up, so I think we were close to the 80+

I agree with Allen that the field seemed average, and sometimes less crowed than normal

I truly believe kite party is an attitude, you either have it or you don't, if you don't have the attitude you don't get what kite party is all about.

I welcome new attendees, I hope they have the attitude, if not it was still nice meeting you, maybe your better suited for a "festival"

Dave if you in fact join forces with the city and start a second event, I will be glad to assist in anyway I can, (it will be all expenses paid ..right)

I also agree that the demos were just right this year, enough to get the crowd focused, and then plenty of free flying time.

Change always happens, but as long as the attitude is upheld kite party will be the same, first time attendees included

My 4 cents worth

MikeM

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Jeepster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55 AM »

I noticed that the box of official passes had a lot of unclaimed tags in it. 

First, THANK YOU DAVE!!!!! again

The box you refer to includes tags I make for (hopeful/some times attends/never register guests) There were a few registered but not attend fliers, but there were also non registered (past attendees) that showed up, so I think we were close to the 80+ ...

... I truly believe kite party is an attitude, you either have it or you don't, if you don't have the attitude you don't get what kite party is all about.

...MikeM

Thanks for the info on the tags Mike.

Mike caught a very good point ... attitude!  Kite fliers who attend Kite Party are generally folks you like to associate with at other events 'cuz they're there to enjoy what ever is available and make the best of the day.

Dave, as to supporting Mike with a free ride ... sure would be cheap.  I only saw him eat ice cubes and he was sleeping in his pick-up so he could get the first parking place in the lot.  So, about about $1.25 should do it!

Cheers,
Tom
Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 10:37 AM »

<Dave, as to supporting Mike with a free ride ... sure would be cheap.  I only saw him eat ice cubes and he was sleeping in his pick-up so he could get the first parking place in the lot.  So, about about $1.25 should do it!>

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
quaa714

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 06:12 PM »

DAVE.....YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The beach never felt crowded and as others have said, the balance of demos felt right.
Jim is so right about blowing thru lunch. It's always been a hard decision......lunch or continue to fly?Huh? Fly of course is the answer, right up until sunset!!!!!!

Next years party will likely be more well attended if only because that HD webcam gave others not there this year the ability to drool at those of us lucky enuf to be there. I even got a text from a pal in the UK asking me to go fly in front of the camera so he could live vicariously for a few minutes!!!!! Too Cool!!!!!!!!!
The thought of 2 parties next year boggles the senses.....WOW!!!! Tongue Tongue

Jim Foster

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 06:59 PM »

We would like to see the March Kite Party continue just as it is.  We started with Kite Party 2 and have enjoyed it every year since.  If the city would like to be more involved in a "Festival" sometime in the Fall, fine.  That would be a different animal.  It certainly would not be Kite Party.

Dave, Kite Party is your gathering.  You conceived it, brought it into the world and have been a great host for all these years, without any massive  changes. 

Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun
Revgod
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Thank you for your kind words. I agree that the March event Ain't broke, so no fixing needed. If I can somehow get more poles pulled, great, if not, we'll work with it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:07 AM by Revgod » Logged

Steve's CTR
ChangeMan

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 10:29 PM »

I'm so glad Chilese introduced me to the Kiting Community. I always have so much fun hanging out with everyone and flying kites at the parties. I can't wait to see everyone next year again. Cheesy

I also love the kites I got this year XD!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought it because it was pretty, and then I realized I could fly it too!

*I'll trade you two nickels for that quarter of yours*
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 02:11 PM »

Seeing there haven't been recent posting... I'm bringing this to 'active' topics again...and...  :

Placing this on my 2012 calendar and Looking Forward to seeing you ALL again!   Undecided

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 03:17 PM »

Ohh Yeah!

As the cold starts moving in, i've been thinking of it more, myself.

"Can't Wait!"    Smiley
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 03:56 PM »

Be cautious in awakening a sleeping bear
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:00 PM by kiteking » Logged

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00 PM »

a parking area for revs would be a LARGE bonus for keeping the field a little less hectic.(maybe under the pier)adding Monday and leaving friday for the die hards would be great. otherwise i cannot think of anything that could possibly make it better.except maybe making my 30 min. drive a little shorter LOL Mike THANK YOU for all that you do and I am really looking forward to a great gathering. ps if you do get a kite festival together with the city I will GLADLY attend that also pss the field really did not feel more crowded to me. it just seemed there were less places to fly,if that makes any sense thanx again Kurt
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:05 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
ozonejim

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 07:52 PM »

I thought we were going to use Dave's site for KP discussion. Did that change?

Re: Kite Party Feedback
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 01:20 PM  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I apologize in advance for the following post...however,

After talking this over with Steve, we both agreed it would be better do this now, so...WE ARE MOVING ALL KITE PARTY DISCUSSION OVER TO THE KITE CONNECTION FORUM. Yes, this is probably a bit of a shocker to a lot of you, but I have spent the past few hours reactivating, pruning, and updating my forum. Please go there and register if you would like to continue this discussion, or any other Kite Party discussions. I needed to delete all the profiles, so you will need to register again. To make picking up this discussion easy, I have cut and pasted all posts in order. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience to anyone. If you were an original member there, you may need to change your username by a letter or something. This feels really funny, as this has been the home for Kite Party since day one, but this will eliminate a lot of confusion for a lot of people, and really needed to be done.

For the record, Steve and I have been friends for a long time. He is one of the few in the industry that I consider a real friend. While I suppose "technically" we are competitors, we have never felt that to be the case. We work together more than anything else. We are very close. For those of you that this causes any inconvenience for, all I can say is that I am sorry. But it's something that needed to be done. Thank you for your support.

Here is the link to the forum....I hope:
http://www.kiteconnection.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:26 PM by Revgod   Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve's CTR

Revgod

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 09:29 PM »

Yeah we did, but since the forum kind of died again, it needs to be redone. It sucks right now, i admit it. Sorry.

Steve's CTR
lummas
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 03:22 PM »

Dave - we love ya man! 

As you know, we have been at every KP so far and don't intend that to change going forward.  We love the format you conceived and the attitude that everyone has when there.  As everyone as identifed, demos are a necessary evil when you have an event such as this, in an area surrounded by public, as it helps boost interest in our sport and the kiting business.  However, I too felt you had the balance pretty much perfect last time.

I agree with the others, that the format we have now is great and should you end up with an additional event some other time in the year, we would be honored to be able to help out and support it in any way we can.

Can't wait for March now!!

The Lummi
Team Too Much Fun
Revgod

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 02:59 PM »

Thank you. I'm really trying to keep the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Other than a couple subtle tweaks perhaps (sorry, a "parking area" under the pier for Revs is just not possible due to mandatory access for emergency vehicles), should be like last year. I will say there will be some really good (and rare) auction items.

Steve's CTR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document