GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guildworks 333  (Read 1245 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: March 11, 2011, 04:29 AM »

Hi...
I just picked up a 333 and was looking for a little info on them, and wondered if anyone's flying these things. All the info has been removed from the GW web site, as far as I can tell. I finally figured out how to get the control assembled... it was a little tough since I've never seen one of those before, and the instructions don't have any pictures.
Just wondering what kinds of winds these things like, and I remember something about the kite can be flown facing towards the pilot or away, depending on the wind.
Thanks !
~Rob.

indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 05:23 AM »

Instructions with lots and lots of pictures.
http://www.windsweptkites.com/synergy333_manual.pdf

Instructions for the Zero Wind 333 along with other Guildworks kites can be found at:
http://www.windsweptkites.com/manuals.html

Hit up Rob (thief) with a PM... or expect him to post here shortly.

ATB,
Sam
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:25 AM by indigo_wolf » Logged
RobB

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:08 AM »

Thank you so much, Sam. That is not the manual that was included with mine, mine was more like a few paragraphs of text without a lot of information...

I've been looking to get one of these for quite some time, I'm excited to try it out this weekend.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:21 AM »

333s....
good starting around 4-5 and up to about 20 or so....
lower wind range OR if you want more precise control fly it with the frame TOWARDS you
Higher winds or if you want less control fly it with the frame AWAY from you....

high tension handle and high tension kite..these things are the epitome of the tenesgrity modelling.....

the best way to learn is to pick one point as the "front" and work with that....if you have a single colored kite good luck Smiley (just kidding)

Try to hold the kite up in the air in one spot and you can start to learn its reaction s to yours....very small movements....

It WILL spin on you...the kite will spin on its center axis very frustratingly....you will learn how to stop it with time...

the most common issue is the operator getting frustrated with the kite and tucking it away for years only to sell it later...if this happens let me know Cheesy

practice....clean wind....practice.....

the first kite i ever bought....in 1995.....love all of mine.....i have as much control with one as most flyers do with a rev....
r

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:19 AM »

I've got a 333 as well, but Rob said it all already. Flying this kite does take practice, so don't give up too soon! One thing I have done is tie some strips of ripstop, in colours matching the three points of the kite, to the three points of my handle. That way, if the kite spins and lands, I know which of the three lines is linked to the 'up' point.

Works a treat!

RobB

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 04:56 AM »

Thanks, guys. That should be enough to get me flying. I hope to get some air time this weekend, looks like the wind will be 10-15mph, so maybe a good time to learn the 333. Certainly not 2 line wind...

RobB

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 06:00 PM »

Yeah, that was enough to get me flying... That 333 left me laughing many times on sunday. I had to put it down and fly something else for a while at first, it's kind of frustrating to get the feel of. Once I got into the 'buzz-saw of death', I was unable to undo it without landing (crashing) and manually un-spinning the twists. That little kite can take some harsh conditions, my wind was 15ish with 30mph gusts.
Once I got about an hour on the lines, I started to understand the control, and it got a lot more fun ! So, thanks for the advice & the PDF. I never would've figured out how to assemble the control handle without it...
~Rob.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum