GWTW Forum
November 25, 2014, 02:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Jersey  (Read 1675 times)
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: March 19, 2011, 06:04 PM »

Hey everybody! My name is Jayson and I live in Cape May NJ. I fly here almost every day and have never meet another flier. Wildwood is minutes away and there is always a good turnout for the festival. I was just wondering if there is anybody close (Atlantic City) or south who would like to get together and fly someday. I am a new flier who could use some pointers and some new friends! Thanks for reading!
glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:33 AM »

Hey Jayson -

Wildwood is our choice when we're in your part of the world.  Unfortunately, it's not looking too optimistic for this summer. There are after kiters there on weekends, though. What do you fly?

Larry
Smplcty

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 06:01 PM »

I fly dual line. I have looked around the area and see nobody here other than some kids in the summer. I ran into one guy in Cape May last summer other than the Wildwood and Cape May festival.
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 04:19 AM »

Hi Jayson!

I live in north Jersey, about an hour north of the Delaware Water Gap. We'll be in Ocean City in July. It's probably half an hour to Cape May from OC. We should meet up.

Bob
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:10 PM by Bob D » Logged

Bob D.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:42 AM »

you will run into Phil Broder down there near Wildwood...he is the editor for the AKA Kiting magazine and is the Educational Director for the Wetlands Institute.   He makes some NICE single line kites....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46 PM »

Central jersey here..... and there is alot of us over my end....... I am sure you will find others in the area!
Smplcty

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57 AM »

Hi Jayson!

I live in north Jersey, about an hour north of the Delaware Water Gap. We'll be in Ocean City in July. It's probably half an hour to Cape May from OC. We should meet up.

Bob
Hi there bob! Maybe we can!
Smplcty

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 09:59 AM »

you will run into Phil Broder down there near Wildwood...he is the editor for the AKA Kiting magazine and is the Educational Director for the Wetlands Institute.   He makes some NICE single line kites....

I think i have heard of him. I think he lives in Rio Grande a few miles up the road where I grew up. I look forward to meeting as many people as I can at the Wildwood festival!
Smplcty

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 10:00 AM »

Central jersey here..... and there is alot of us over my end....... I am sure you will find others in the area!
Hey there! Where about do you all fly? Is there any special time you all meet up? Maybe I could take a day trip!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum