GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 05:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying 2 kites  (Read 2957 times)
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: March 20, 2011, 02:42 PM »

Me, flying 2 kites, enjoy:)
2cbyt3-2011_0001.wmv
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:02 PM »

You are scary Shocked your are so good.  Wink  Next to Ray never saw anything like it.  A lot of skill and practice.  I bow to you Sir as one of the finest control Pilots I've had the pleasure to watch.  You just did that video.  You must show more...  Do you have any other video's Huh  We are lucky to have individuals, who have  these kinds of skills and to be able to share them.. Thanks...  Smiley

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:57 PM »

WOW...he must be using mirrors to look that good! Grin Grin Grin Huh
tonycarl60

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:19 PM »

Thanks guys! Ray is my idol! I'm just an old fart with too much time on my hands. I hope to put up more vids this coming year.
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:21 PM »

Nice Tony!

Say Good Night Dick
bt
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 05:23 PM »

Nice flying!!
I myself fly 2 kites at once from time to time, but maybe only about 10% of my flying time.
Where was the camera (attached) when you shot this?
bt
mdilucca

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12 PM »

Awesome flying Tony  Grin Thank you for sharing!!! Smiley

Cheers
Mario

Cheers
Mario

tonycarl60

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 11:49 PM »

Thanks! Bt, I have sunglasses that has a built in video camera, although the video quality is not the greatest it is very convenient Smiley
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 12:36 AM »

NIce flying Tony.  Those your Cherrybombs?
Alfredo

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 05:14 AM »

That's incredible.... Huh Huh I think all of us would love to get there at some point. Smiley

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
vertigo2u

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:04 AM »

Tony how about some shots of your hands and how you control the kites.  Some take offs and landings..with some instruction of how to start...
I have a 100 questions..Could you answer some.. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ca Ike

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 10:15 AM »

Tony how about some shots of your hands and how you control the kites.  Some take offs and landings..with some instruction of how to start...
I have a 100 questions..Could you answer some.. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

You can see in a quick shot there that his using his Rev handles
tonycarl60

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 01:54 PM »

Go here to see pictures of the handles I use (Benson Airbow handles) and some of the kites I use.
https://picasaweb.google.com/Tonycarl60/20100415Kites#

Go here for my favorite multi line tutorial:
http://www.elalmadelpiloto.com.ar/articles.html

I used Google to translate the articles.

If you are a lone wolf flyer like me and have no one else to fly with, then this is one solution (I suspect there's lots of us out there). The benefit of flying pairs like this is you always know what the other guy is doing (most of the time) and you don't have to call out maneuvers. There is a learning curve to flying multi's, but it's not any worse then flying duel tricks or revs.  You can use inexpensive kites like the New Tech Cherry Bombs. I like these because they're not too big, allowing me to fly them for 2 - 3 hours with out getting tired. You can use rev lines and two wooden dowels for handles to get you going. You can use rev handles, but it's better to use straight or symmetrical handles. If anyone has more questions, I'll be more than happy to try to answer them:)
Ca Ike

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18 PM »

I'm just up north of you Tony and fly at Mistlin park in ripon most weekends.  Usually out there on sunday afternoons in the expansion area when the soccer leagues are going or on the north field by the baseball fields.  Drop me a line if you decide to come on up sometime.
vertigo2u

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 06:53 PM »

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=4918.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum