GWTW Forum
October 19, 2014, 09:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new favorite kite  (Read 2000 times)
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: September 03, 2011, 11:04 PM »

met scott hampton at a kite festival today here in utah and love his cypod, brings a smile to my face to fly it

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]

kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:57 AM »

nice!
alleykat

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:27 AM »

Very Nice.  Grin  Are they available anywhere?  Undecided

Alleykat
Field of Strings
Darkside Newbie
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:51 AM »

Very Nice.  Grin  Are they available anywhere?  Undecided
nope all gone...there were about 40 made.....i sold more than half of them....scott sold the rest...
i know of one that came up for resale and it sold in about 4 minutes......

keep an eye peeled for them!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
alleykat

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:05 PM »

OK been doing alot of looking on the internet at the Cypod kites and looks like alot of variations and sizes to it. Any one can fill me in a little more on them or might know where one could be found.  Roll Eyes  im me on them or e-mail. Thanks. Sorry for the hijack on this thread

Alleykat
Field of Strings
Darkside Newbie
thief

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 02:34 PM »

There were individual color variations since Scott painted them ( I have the only non painted one) and there were triwings which have a retro rocket shape to them. ..

Sizes: the triwings and the cypods are all the same size: just over three feet long.  There is 1 giant cypod that Scott still has and is not going to part with.   

The early cypods are thinner and fly a little less stable and

the later ones are wider and fly more smoothly.

There are also 4 squids.......

R
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:40 AM by thief » Logged

PUZZLE

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 02:58 PM »

i feel lucky to have picked one up. Love how it flies and plays in the sky. Scott was really nice talked to him for a few hours, didnt know who he was till after i met him , just love his style and design of kites, he had a bug one he had just finished and really liked that one

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41 PM »

awww, i was at antelope island all weekend and heard the name scott hampton associated with 'really nice guy' and 'amazing display' and i'd seen some really beautiful stuff flying from a distance, but i didn't manage the time while the sun was up to go look up close.

i've been checking thief's site periodically for about two years to see if any more of those cypods were around and i just didn't make the connection the maker was just a few hundred feet from me all weekend.

Cry

the squid are especially cool. the orange red and purple one is amazing. you're a lucky guy and you have a beautiful kite.

Fdeli
PUZZLE

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 04:38 PM »

found one of scotts aliens on amazon, for 20 bucks there was a shark that looked like he designed it but he did mention xkites was kinda coping his style on some kite , so wonder if its this shark

mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 04:51 PM »

Scott is doing designs for X-Kites, the Alien was one. I don't know about the Shark. Costco was selling the X-Kites Alien for under $13 this year. 

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
thief

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 05:04 PM »

the shark is not his design... but xkites is starting to use his color gradient look more though.. ......

PUZZLE

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42 PM »

would like to get some of those old x kites he did, i keep looking on ebay and amazon but no luck, the shark looks so much like he did it

n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:35 AM »

can anyone help me where can i buy this kite online? and paypal is more preferable since i'm far away outside US... thanks all... Grin Grin Grin
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:49 AM »

it's super nice kite...

There were individual color variations since Scott painted them ( I have the only non painted one) and there were triwings which have a retro rocket shape to them. ..

Sizes: the triwings and the cypods are all the same size: just over three feet long.  There is 1 giant cypod that Scott still has and is not going to part with.   

The early cypods are thinner and fly a little less stable and

the later ones are wider and fly more smoothly.

There are also 4 squids.......

R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change