GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 08:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, you've got me looking ... buying...bought!!  (Read 2587 times)
RevJim
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: March 26, 2011, 02:59 PM »

Back in January I posted that I wanted to concentrate on two line kites for now.  Kitestu said "I personally find the more different line and styles of kites I fly, the more I learn to take back to the other kites I own.  Concentrating on only two I would find boring." I avoided reading the Quad Line Kites forum for a while. Then I started reading here and on the other forum. OK, now I'm watching the Swap Meet for a bargain. I wonder where this will end.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:12 PM by RevJim » Logged
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:17 PM »

It will end up like me by looking and going ot the take side from time to time im also looking at the Q flaps from skyburner to change thins up.

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02 AM »

It seems like most people fall into one camp or another. I dabble in quads but I LOVE duals. (The wind speed has been up and the weather warmer so I've been flying my vented B series at lunch.) And then, on the other hand, I know some quad people who dabble in duals. And if you're truly blessed and gifted, you do both and do well in both. (Gifted I'm not, but I do enjoy spending time with lines of some sort.)

If you're looking for more air time with a good dual and don't have a really good high end kite, it will be worth it if you hold out for one of the really popular kites - Blue Moon, Skyburner WM, Talon, DS, etc. Go back and check out the thread on Kites in your A-bag to get an idea of what people are flying. If you want something now and have the money, post for something in Wanted. You'll get a fair price from most people who have something decent that they don't fly much. A really good kite is definitely worth the money.

Bob D.
RevJim

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:39 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping that I will become good enough to enjoy kites from both camps. The most expensive kite I have is a Zephyr. I've kept up with the A-bag thread fairly well. Yes, I see the same high end kites mentioned over and over. When I read about the quality of these kites and their flying characteristics it makes me look at them closely. I may pursue one (or more) of those later. I do want to get a Rev, too. I'm guessing that eventually I'll be able to tell which will be my first choice and which I just fly occasionally. I'll never know whether or not quads are my thing until I try. I do fear, a little, that the guys who say you can't have just one are right. At least I could stretch my dollars by buying different LEs. I now own three modern dual line kites due to the variety of winds here in NW Georgia. I do know I enjoy the dual line kites I have, so that part is settled. I hope to keep flying them for many years to come.
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 09:26 PM »

Do not dismay...

I fly both dual and quad line.... and I'm a blonde!  Cheesy

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
RevJim

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53 AM »

I was a platinum blond as a kid. The older I got, the darker it got. When I was around 20 I quit putting blond on my driver's license and started putting brown. Now, nearing 60, it's turning a lighter color again. Wink That is, what is left of it. Grin For the record, I've sent a PM on the black/lime rev 1.5 that Mark has on the swap meet.  Grin Grin Grin   I'm going to keep my eyes open for a 2 wrap frame to help with lighter winds.
RevJim

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 05:01 AM »

I bought Mark's 1.5 black/lime with 2 wrap frame. Since he is including lines and B handles I should be ready to go. It sounds ideal for my NW Ga winds. Mark warned me that it won't be the last Rev I buy.
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 05:19 AM »

Cool! I've also wanted to try a Rev for some time now.... Maybe someday. Smiley

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
Jim Foster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 01:30 PM »

Come on down to the festival at South Padre Island next February.  Someone will put Rev handles in your hands.

Warning, you may like it.

Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 01:50 PM »

Come on down to the festival at South Padre Island next February.  Someone will put Rev handles in your hands.

Warning, you may like it.
Thanks for the info.  I will try to make it. I've seen some crazy precision flying with a B series and it looks like a lot of fun.

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 06:20 AM »

I fly dualies, but not nearly as much as the quads.  They're fun for decades of ownership and worth every penny!  You can chase kids and then turn-around and give 'em lessons.

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]
RevJim

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 02:57 PM »

The kite could have arrived today. I'm hoping for tomorrow. Even if there isn't enough wind to fly, I can put it together and check the lines. My 4D is out of commission for a few more days so I may try the Zephyr.
RevJim

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 04:15 PM »

I have bought a Rev 1.5 with 2 wrap frame from Mark (rmesm). It came today. What a beautiful kite. I hope to get to fly it tomorrow evening! I guess I've passed the point of no return!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document