GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 12:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dodd GROSS Signed Limited Editions Kites???  (Read 4712 times)
Jack Staff
Trade Count: (0)
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:07 PM »

O K
   My friends John, Greg, Edword, and I were out at a fly in and heard a flight instructor from a Shop talking about the fact that some where around ( CA??) a Kite shop is going to be selling a set of limited and numbered signed Dodd Gross kites... His new ones with sky dogg. Has anyone else heard anything about this any where??? OUR PROBLEM is "WE" did not get a CHANCE to ask him where or who the shop was and then he was just Gone. We were at the Santa Barbara Kite Fest last weekend.

I have always been a avid collector of his Kites and I would love a chance to get a kite like this. all three of us would and were all sort of signing up and filling in a bunch of different forumus in hopes of finding out where we might be able to find ouut what shop is the Lucky place to have possibly gotten this. IF it is at all?Huh

Jack 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:29 PM by Jack Staff » Logged
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:19 PM »

Why don't you email Dodd and ask? 

doddg@skydogkites.com

He's here....always
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=241

Or call them:
"If you would like to speak directly with a member of the Skydog Team, please call 800.243.3370
We may need to take a message and return your call. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible."

Wink

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47 PM »

The shop you are looking for is in Ventura.
The guy you were talking to was Ed.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Jack Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 09:36 PM »

Hey Steve,

Do you happen to know the name of that shop right off hand?

I did not get to talk to the guy either did john or greg Edword with his broken english. Like I said we just sorta over heard him talking and then before we knew it he was gone.

Does the shop have a web sight? A name you can pass on to me in a Private message or on here? I do not want to cause any issues or contaversy etc.

Thank you    Jack Staff
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:11 PM »

Here's an idea Jack.... Undecided

Maybe ask Steve if he could make a couple of calls and see if he can get you what you are looking for?  He knows a few folks in the Kite Biz.  Roll Eyes

P

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:20 PM »

Whew $30 for Dodds signature, bet if you caught him on the field you could get it for half that price  Wink

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:23 PM »

PM sent

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 04:07 AM »

Whew $30 for Dodds signature....
Man, this place has changed. Time was when the cheap shots would have just kept on coming  Wink

I had a Dodd-doodled Big Bang for a time. His signature didn't hurt the resale value.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 02:01 PM »

I lost my internet connection last night after posting that and couldn't get back on to add ...

You also get the Flight School DVD with the signature kite, doesn't look like that is included in the standard package.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Fast EDDY
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 10:41 PM »

Hey STEVE

NOPE it was not ME at the S B kite festival. However it was WAYNE  from the shop. He is one of my best students...

Yes it is a bit more money for the LIMITED, NUMBERED kites with his lates flying video. It is a ONE TIME deal and I have P M, them as well...

So those who are looking should look and get it is only 25 total kites of each one I do believe that Number will be it, BUT do NOT quote me on that!!!

Mr Ed
Fast EDDY

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 08:42 AM »

Sorry for the Second Post but EDIT is not seeming to work here this morning...

You also get a Letter from DODD  to you with the kite.  As well as IF you get the kite by the first of the month  Ordered or there abouts, DODD will personall write a quick Message not just his Signature...

Like  To "JOE" Smooth winds  Dodd Gross...

That is a pretty cool thing IT is all on the sight just Do the reading through the page

Mr Ed
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:00 AM »

just tell him to use a better marker then he did on the first round of french connections

Sine Metu!
Winged V

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 07:02 AM »

?
Must have run out of ink

Rick

Fast EDDY

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 08:24 PM »

Well the DEAL was SEALED  and the NUMBERS are VERY FEW Shocked 
Only 25 of Dodds  Sweet Emotion, Cross Fire Sport Kite's Will be Numbered and signed and Fewer will be Personally Signed to the Buyer by Dodd!!!
   The RED Sweet Emotion Specs,  Size: 91 x 39
Frame/Sail: 6mm Carbon Fiber-Wrapped Tapered Graphite/Ripstop .05oz Polyester,      Wind Range: 3-20mph
Line Set: Dyneema, 150# x 80 on Winder with Soft Strap Handles
Skill Level: Intermediate- Advanced,   Video,  Authentication Letter

The Green Cross Fire  specs:   Size: 91 x 39
Frame/Sail: 6mm Carbon Fiber/Ripstop Nylon
Wind Range: 3-18mph,      Line Set: Dyneema, 150# x 80 on Winder with Soft Strap Handles,    Skill Level: Intermediate- Advanced,   Video,  Authentication Letter 

They got 50 of the
Dream On Sport RAINBOW Kite specs:  Size: 87 x 35.5
Frame/Sail: 6mm Carbon Fiber/Ripstop Nylon  Wind Range: 3-20mph
Line Set: Dyneema, 150# x 80 on Winder with Soft Strap Handles
Skill Level: Intermediate- Advanced, Video,  Authentication Letter 

So that is the list that I know about and I know that quite a few have sold already. There is a LIMITED NUMBER of the Custom signiture made out to YOU the BUYER available. The rest will only be just DODDs Signature.

Still a Great new Kite as a whole, Just wanted to pass on the Info to those who have been brozing this. As well as Thank those who have been posting and talking about it elsewhere..

ED 

Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12 PM »

Usually I charge for advertising, but since you are such a nice guy I'll let it slide.

But locking the topic.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:15 PM by Steve » Logged

Steve ... Ancient One
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document