GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more Benson In america?  (Read 1486 times)
vash_241987
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 30, 2011, 05:19 PM »

Hey you guys...it been AGES since I been on here (same goes for flying) and was looking into getting a DS, I traded the one I broke for a Gem...but now I'm looking into getting a new one. I checked here and kite connection (the only two places I know that carry benson kites) and it seems that they are really not in stock. Now I know someone on the swap meet maybe selling one, but I just want to know if Tim is still exporting to the states? Thanks!!! and here is a pic from today, went out to the beach and just flew around for a bit.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:59 PM »

You might want to post the question in the Kite Connection forum, which recently went back to active status or call Dave directly to check the status of Benson's in the US.  Even if the news is bad as far as Benson imports, I was under the impression that you could still buy directly from the Benson site.  The Benson site still lists shipping rates for the UK and the rest of the world.

ATB,
Sam
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:13 PM »

You can order directly from Tim.
***bensonkites.com***

Denny

***Direct link removed***

as per forum policy.. but yeah, you can order direct and Tim's shipping rates are very reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:05 PM by JimB » Logged

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
vash_241987

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:16 PM »

thanks you guys.... will had inform me that tim is doing orders instead.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:29 PM »

Both Blue Moon and Benson stopped wholesaling a while back. I think everyone has mixed feelings about it, but the most important thing is for these great kitemakers to have a viable business model and keep the doors open.

Allen, AKA kitehead
jaydub

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:16 PM »

Yep, Tim is selling direct now.

He will also do custom colours at no extra cost.
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:48 PM »

^ But only if he likes them  Wink

Seriously, he's a super guy besides a highly-crafted kite builder, and will do whatever he can to help you.

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 04:45 AM »

My DS was my first high end kite. I'll never forget the smell of new Icarex! Tim does great work!

Bob D.
jaydub

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 05:38 AM »

^ But only if he likes them  Wink
Think Tim's got a little less picky judging by some of the more interesting colour cominations on the Recent Builds page on his web site. Undecided
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document