GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 03:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NJSKC 2011 - July 16-17  (Read 1464 times)
conklincomputer
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 28, 2011, 07:09 AM »

NJSKC 2011 - July 16-17, 2011

Hello all,

Just wanted to remind everyone that the New Jersey Sport Kite Championships (NJSKC) is happening on July 16-17, 2011, at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ.  NJSKC is one of the coolest Eastern League and AKA events of the year!  The park is great, plenty of space, and it's proximity to the Hudson river provides for good winds.  Even better is the view!  The Statue of Liberty to one side, the Manhattan skyline to another, with Ellis Island occupying the space between.  It's a great spot, and Rosanna Rosanova and the Liberty High Spirits crew do a great job of putting on the event with extras like a hospitality tent and (usually) some sort of ancillary entertainment.  NJSKC will offer the full complement of outdoor AKA sport kite disciplines, and will be the final Eastern League (and for many, AKA) competition of the 2010-11 season.  Don't miss it!

For more information about NJSKC 2011, go to http://www.easternleague.net/NJSKC/.  You can also register for NJSKC by downloading the registration form at http://www.easternleague.net/NJSKC/PDFs/2011NJSKC.pdf.  Get it in quick!

Marc Conklin
Eastern League Commissioner
Member, AKA Sport Kite Committee
RAF Webmeister
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:50 AM »

I wonder if this is a competition-only event, or if there will be space for recreational fliers as well...
~Rob.

kiteclique
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:54 AM »

I wonder if this is a competition-only event, or if there will be space for recreational fliers as well...
~Rob.

Why not go and compete ? For sh!ts and giggles if nothing else.

-Frazer
RobB

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:46 AM »

Kiting is fun & relaxing for me... I have enough competition to escape from during my work week.   Cheesy

~Rob.

Jared

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:13 PM »

In that case, Rob, come so that you can hang out with me, and I'll clear you a space to fly Smiley
RobB

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 06:23 PM »

Wow, Jared, you're making the trek ? I shouldn't complain about the 2-3 hours each way, I guess. Which day do you think would be better to come out for ?
~Rob.

ko

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:41 PM »

jeeeeeeeeeeeeez rob !!! do it all!! and i think you should compete also YOU will have a ball!

have fun kurt
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 04:28 AM »

The park is huge! There's plenty of room to fly if you're not competing. The best wind is from the southeast but anything from the south is still good. The worst is from the east and northeast coming off Manhattan.

Bob D.
RobB

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 04:37 AM »

Well, I have wifely 'permission' to go, just have to figure out what day to go. So, I look forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting the rest of you.

REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 06:37 AM »

Well, I have wifely 'permission' to go, just have to figure out what day to go. So, I look forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting the rest of you.

great!, I feel the same way, my bride also "blessed the occasion" so I'll be up there with Jim Cosca for another fabulous time with our friends from up north.  You should consider competition, trial by fire, do or die,.... it's not about how you did but more about all the new friends you'll make by joining in.  You can still go out there and just make something up, you don't have to practice a formal routine (but without it you will probably not win or you're in too low of a category, ... don't worry the crowd will tell you when it's time to move up!) 
       ~~~ Be a soul-flyer and see what happens, ~~~ it's all good times!
Jared

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 01:06 PM »

Wow, Jared, you're making the trek ? I shouldn't complain about the 2-3 hours each way, I guess. Which day do you think would be better to come out for ?
~Rob.

Yup, last chance points-grab before the end of the season Smiley

I haven't attended the NJSKC event before, so I can't speak from experience as to which would be the better day to attend, but if I were to choose one based on the schedule, it would probably be Saturday, because you'll get both Master's Dual Line Ballet and Master's Quad Line Ballet, which are both a ton of fun to watch as a spectator.  On the other hand, if you're more interested in the pair or team flying stuff, or the non sport kite events (fighter kites & rok battles, time & weather permitting) then Sunday would be the better choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography