GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 06:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: buy a new vapor!  (Read 1837 times)
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« on: April 01, 2011, 10:15 AM »

how many are buying a new vapor???

http://gwtw-kites.typepad.com/news/2008/04/announcing-a-ra.html

Sine Metu!
stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:39 AM »

That offer is still good? cool!  Cool  If I didn't have six already ...   Grin

I did just pick up an Eclipse though.  Smiley
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:04 AM »

Well, Prism has improved this model. It now includes:

- detailed appliqué
- yoyo stoppers
- tail weight adjustable from 1g to 60g
- roll bars
- a bridle with a combination of 35 settings not counting the turbo, reverse turbo, and 3 pt options.
- oh yeah and a new vented model option for winds greater than 4 mph.

I can't wait for mine to arrive,  Smiley

-Tom

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:06 AM »

You gonna let me try it Tom?

I'd really like to use the reverse turbo with about 40 grams on the tail, If I could.

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09 AM »

You gonna let me try it Tom?

I'd really like to use the reverse turbo with about 40 grams on the tail, If I could.

Absolutely Jim! I've heard that those settings are the "sweet spot" for this kite.

6 kite tom
stapp59
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 11:23 AM »

The new vent is extraordinary I hear.  It uses the new LSC (layered sail concept) that consist of the SUL helium filled frame and geometric layers of screening or ultra light Mylar allowing full SDV (screen door venting) down to and including the full sail indoor configuration.  Combined with those roll bars and tail weight options makes for the one kite that absolutely covers the indoor to 30+ MPH wind range on 50# lines.  Very very cool.  Cool
tpatter

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 11:45 AM »

The roll bars, in particular, are revolutionary for an indoor kite. Imagine, you can now re-launch from a ground-fade position by simply gently pulling the lines!  Smiley  The DS has been using this design for years, but this is the first application that I know of in an indoor/outdoor hybrid.

Feel free to make offers and secure dibs on kites in my A bag as I am sure that I will be moving most of them on once I get some time on this new kite.

6 kite tom
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:59 PM »

I heard that with the included tail weights the kite is capable of flying from no wind to 20 mph winds and still have that floaty feel with all the modern tricks, hardly any pull and custom sails are available too! Has anyone seen the colorizer yet? Steve i want an all mylar one and a black and gray one.

There was a rumor that they will also come in a full size hard like the zepyhr but you don't have to fold the LE down. A nice case to protect a nice kite

Sine Metu!
streamhawk

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 02:07 PM »

how many are buying a new vapor? Well, using the super complex mathematical forumla, with some tweaking for this particular circumstance, and variables, plus/minus .0053 variance, I predict exactly zero people are buying a new vapor.....

I did in fact buy a new unflown vapor from this board a couple of years ago, for real. Proud to have found it too..
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 02:09 PM »

I have exclusive news that they are making a very limited edition of a Fractal Vapor.  There will only be 5 of these available, each personally signed by Mark himself.

stapp59
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 09:32 AM »

The part about me picking up an Eclipse is indeed true.  Cool

I should add I got the Eclipse on a private trade deal for an Illy 98. Pretty nice. Have not flown it yet.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:45 AM by stapp59 » Logged
KeithG
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 07:42 AM »

I going to have to order a Eclipse, the one kite I have always wanted but never have had a chance to get. may go for a Total also.

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change