GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lam Hoac Lincoln City Trick Clinic - June 25th and 26th  (Read 3682 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« on: April 16, 2009, 04:58 PM »

Folks,

Lam Hoac will be doing a trick clinic while at the Lincoln City Kite Festival in June. The clinic will be a 2 day event on the Thursday and Friday (June 25th and 26th) before the festival starts (June 27th).

Lam will cover any desired topic - dual line, quad line, tricks, routine planning and advice, music, general questions or advice, you name it.  The clinic starts at 10:00 and ends at 4:30 with a break for lunch.  Dinner will be on Thursday night after the clinic - details will be given there.

There will be a very reasonable cost to cover expenses and the optional dinner.  Email me or PM me for details if you are interested in attending.

It's a fantastic opportunity to learn from one of the best flyers/teachers/designers/builders in kiting today, have alot of fun with other flyers, and get a great meal in one of the best areas available for flying kites.  Don't miss it!

http://www.oregoncoast.org/kite-festival/kites-summer.php

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:42 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17 PM »

Folks,

There are only a few spots left, so send a PM if you are interested. 

Thanks,
-Tom
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:28 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 09:37 AM »

bump

6 kite tom
ezme6
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:12 PM »

me too

Lam is a good man!

"Do what you like"
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:23 PM »

i REALLY would like to go! anybody care to share a room maybe a car to and from the airport thurs morning?  i shower daily and am not to offensive but i really need help in the kite dept post or e-mail me with any ideas please   thanx KO ps i don't snore!!!!

have fun kurt
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 07:56 PM »

I would like to go too but Fri. June 26 is one of the 3 days that my teacher said I have to be at school for my final summer class.

Ron
tpatter

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 10:17 PM »

i REALLY would like to go! anybody care to share a room maybe a car to and from the airport thurs morning?  i shower daily and am not to offensive but i really need help in the kite dept post or e-mail me with any ideas please   thanx KO ps i don't snore!!!!

Are you flying to Portland I assume?

I will be driving right through on my way to LC.  We can arrange a time and I can pick you up at the airport on my way.  I will likely drive down Weds evening.

I have not yet made hotel arrangements.  One of the guys I am going with wants to camp, so I will be looking into that. 

I'll send you an email and we can see if it works out.

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 11:39 PM »

Check your PMs Tom!

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
ko

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:44 AM »

hi tom and thanx i am away so i will e-mail asap sounds great camping?? i am up for that i will have to bring an xtra bag but that is definatly worth it!! i will check flights for wed eve and let me know when u wish to return but it looks like the scheduale is workable..  i will book a flight if that works for u.. i will completly understand  if it doesnt, but everytime i miss a trick for the rest of my life i will curse your name     thanx KO
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:59 AM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
rxburner
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 10:53 AM »

Tom
Did you get my email from a few weeks ago?
Rx
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:48 PM »

I sent out an email to those that told me they were interested.  If you did not get a message, PM me.

My whole family is going with me, so I will not be camping on this trip.   I looked around a bit and found several hotels that are reasonably priced.   Anyone who has experience with a good place to stay in LC, please post.

Thanks,
-Tom

6 kite tom
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 08:02 AM »

This is rotten timing, I have to work those days. I would have loved to drive up & attend Lam's clinic.

Peace

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
tpatter

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 08:04 AM »

Just to be clear, the clinic will be held in Lincoln City, not Seaside (which was talked about earlier).

6 kite tom
ko

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 09:07 AM »

hi all i am still interested in sharing accomodations and possibly transportation although i do believe i have transport to and from the airport at portland open to all options inc. camping please let me know my mail is listed and thanx tom for your help to all on this KO

have fun kurt
tpatter

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 10:39 PM »

This is rotten timing, I have to work those days. I would have loved to drive up & attend Lam's clinic.

Peace

I've heard there is a very bad cold going around - perhaps you might "catch" it for those days!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:42 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography