GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 06:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bzar 2011 build thread  (Read 25105 times)
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2011, 02:00 PM »

My B'zar 2011 homemade :

Smiley
That looks great   Mike
Magma
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2011, 04:44 AM »

Can anyone compare the main flying characteristics of the Bzar and the Vortex  Smiley

Cheers
Mario

Vortex is a yoyo machine ! But a bit technic , a little " Fou fou " as we say in France. As all Christian Derefat's kites ( Vortex , Organic...), no pressure , you have  the impression to have got nothing at the end of lines : It's a bit surprising.
I prefer B'zar 2011 . More graceful , quieter . More pressure in the lines. Very good for Taz machine , slot , multilazy. To me for the moment , only one problem with it , Yoyo difficult with this kite. I'm waiting for others opinions about that. Is it my B'zar 2011 or all B'zar 2011 ?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 04:48 AM by Magma » Logged
mdilucca
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2011, 02:48 PM »

Can anyone compare the main flying characteristics of the Bzar and the Vortex  Smiley

Vortex is a yoyo machine ! But a bit technic , a little " Fou fou " as we say in France. As all Christian Derefat's kites ( Vortex , Organic...), no pressure , you have  the impression to have got nothing at the end of lines : It's a bit surprising.
I prefer B'zar 2011 . More graceful , quieter . More pressure in the lines. Very good for Taz machine , slot , multilazy. To me for the moment , only one problem with it , Yoyo difficult with this kite. I'm waiting for others opinions about that. Is it my B'zar 2011 or all B'zar 2011 ?

Thank you so much for your feedback !!!  I'll need to build a B'zar next.....
Cheers
Mario

Cheers
Mario

positivo

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2011, 08:19 AM »

Thank you Sugarbaker for a fine example of open source kite building, well done!
During January I will set up a webpage with all the building tips and pictures in it, so you will have a sort of back-up somewhere on the world  ;-)

As for the Yoyo-problem: if your B'zar doesn't do the yoyo's well, you could add some 5 grams to the tail. And indeed check the bridle, the activator is critical for the yoyo's!
Also, kites like the Organic or Le Quartz make pilots kind of lazy when learning or performing tricks. The yoyo needs a firm setup on the B'zar, where the Organic only needs a little slack and a small step forwards.
From experience I know that pilots with a French kite background have more 'trouble' with the B'zar than pilots who have learned to fly on machine with a Prism feel to it.
In designing a kite, there's a thin line between having much controle on flatspins and pitch tricks. We tried to put the B'zar right in the middle of the line.
Just keep working on those yoyo's, you will find the right set-up and feel for it  :-)    (remember how hard your first axel was?)
positivo

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2012, 03:14 AM »

So I have put all the documentation (263 pictures included) into a webpage that is attached to the B'zar website.
You can find it here:  http://www.tweelijners.com/werner/Sugarbaker.html
Working from a website isn't always possible, I have put the webpage into a .pdf file,
that way one can work offline on a kite  Wink
You can download the 9 Mb file here: http://www.tweelijners.com/werner/download/Sugarbakers_ Bzar_2011.pdf

A round of applause should go to Sugarbaker who was willing to share all his good work and ideas on this open source kite building thing!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:38 AM by positivo » Logged
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2012, 02:52 AM »

i started to reread this wonderful thread, but a lot of the pictures are missing...

is there something to do about that?
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2012, 10:50 AM »

Because I lost my web space when apple turned off their mobile me hosting, many of the links are broken. The pics are preserved on my home computer, and also in a PDF on the b'zar website (link is available one or two posts prior to this one in this thread).

I am considering a new thread and have a few projects in the works, although probably none of them will be as comprehensive as this one...

If time presents itself, I may edit posts to this thread as I am able to fix the links (pointing them to many of the pics that are now hosted on picasaweb).

Glad to see there is still some interest in my build process!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:29 PM by sugarbaker » Logged
positivo

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2012, 11:28 AM »

Like Sugarbaker writes, all the pics are here: http://www.tweelijners.com/werner/Sugarbaker.html
And also in the .pdf file (link a little above this post)

It's being downloaded a lot, so this tread is very usefull to users all over the world who need some help in building a kite, in this case the B'zar 2011. But the advice given here is adaptable to any kite one wants to build.

:-)
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2012, 12:30 PM »

Thanks guys!

Smart idea, Hugo!

And Stephen, yes, you've made some nice documentation, very much worth a reread.
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography