GWTW Forum
August 27, 2014, 06:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on finding a good Kite bag  (Read 1639 times)
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: April 15, 2011, 10:43 AM »

So far I own 6 kites, I need a bag to hold at least 4, plus accessories.   I am looking at something like the HQ long bags.  What are you using now?   Thanks in advance.

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:39 AM »

I like my HQ long bag. It will hold six kites fairly easy. The only issue that I have with it is that the accessory pocket is internal and reduces the amount of room you have for storing kites if you fill it up. That said, my accessory pocket is full and I can still fit 6 to 7 kites in it. The quality is pretty good for the price--no issues as of yet as far as quality is concerned.
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 12:21 PM »

I picked up a padded ski/snowboard bag a while back. Plenty of padding and lots of space for not a lot of $$.
Mine holds 10-15 sport kites pretty easily, there are probably smaller ones available if you don't plan on carrying many kites around.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:35 PM »

I like the small HQ bag - its cheap, well built, and holds more than enough kites for a full day out.  Plus, Steve sells them.

I also like the Vector - amazing bag for the money, very well designed and functional.  It will also hold many kites.

6 kite tom
Bob S
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 12:42 PM »

I personally like the prism bags and check the deal section of the forum for a great deal, just got a big rollup yesterday.
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 01:14 PM »

My HQ bag definitely suits my needs thus far - no problems except for the shoulder strap comes loose every once in a while.
Flying wings has a very nice bag as well... its a little pricey for a bag... but its really nice.  Cool

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:30 PM »

I use a fishing rod bag made by Crane sports bought for 12 at my local Aldi store. Holds 6-8 kites, main section is divided internally so you can keep ul's/standard's/ Vent's seperate. Two 10" square outer pockets for linesets/spares, one long pocket on the other side for small kite/ spare spars and a tiny pocket for MP3 player and wind meter. Made of heavy cordura with good zips, only downside is the size at just over 60" - the Infinity just fits. No problem with it in the last 2 years.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 02:12 PM »

Wow that was quick, and thanks for the ideas.  I never would have though of the fishing bag or the ski bag.  I was at big 5 last night looking at Rifle bags for a possible use (ridiculous I know).   I am going to look into the fishing rod bag and ski bag at big 5/REI/Bass pro shop and then if I cannot find one that works I am going for the HQ long bag.   

Jeremy

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
Magpiesfooty
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 09:10 PM »

One of my bags is a winter ski bag.  In the early spring sometimes you can find a pretty good deal on one of these. They are made very well and can hold 15 to 20 kites, they are very long so you can store a few goodies at one of the ends, or stagger the kites and fit more into the bag. Since they are longer you need to have room in your transportation to carry it.

Happy Flying.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 07:12 AM »

Most of the bags that we are use as kite bags are already repurposed....

the standard bag that lots of people have are MLD bags.   MLD makes bags to carry around trade show booth setups....rugs....light frameworks etc....and they have great kite bags too with lots of options.....

I do have a hard archery bow case to carry around some of my kites....works great....and i can strap it right onto the roof rack as well since it is weather tight.

the big question come into: do you want to be able to see each kite in its own spot or do you mind having all of your kites in a mass bundle....
If you want to see the individual kites (helps to keep organized-generally a sport kite thing) then you would want to take a peek at a Roll Up bag....Prism makes/made two versions...MLD makes one....they work great if you are an organized sort....
The MLD/Vector/HQ/et al are used more in an UNorganized fashion.   The kites are just placed into the bag and then they move around as they will....this is common for single line kites....

If you are interested in a Roll up bag let me know i have a used one up for grabs...and Steve (owner of this forum and associated shop) has a great selection to choose from here: http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=12

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document