GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 05:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon fun fly 4-17  (Read 1634 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: April 17, 2011, 08:44 PM »

Here's some pics from todays fly in ripon.  Had a good turn out and a lot of people driving by decided to stop and enjoy show.  Next month will be changed due to Mothers day being the 2nd sunday of may.  THe next date will be posted when we decide what it will be.  Enjoy the pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ca_ike/sets/72157626396794151/
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:05 PM »

Pictures look great!  Will be there for sure next time.

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:14 PM »

the laser stack looks better behaved, what adjustments were required

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Ca Ike

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17 PM »

MIke had to remove 3 of the kites.  He couldn't get the last 3 in the stack to behave.  OTher than that I'm not sure.
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 10:42 PM »

Yes, removing the back 3 kites seemed to remedy most issues it was experiencing.  Also made it a bit easier to handle.  Huh  Thanks to Jeff we figured out that the back 2-3 kites were leaning a bit further back than the rest, so the angle of attack was progressively changing as you went back, and which is why they were flailing out of control most of the time.  I need to go through all the train lines again and make sure they're equalized.  I'm sure I'll find the back 3 to be off.  I've noticed those lines are lighter gauge so perhaps they've stretched out over the years.  Maybe I should pick up some Nexus stacking lines and use those, hmm.

I took the 7th one off because it broke the spine at the bottom for some reason, need to find a replacement rod or put a ferrule in there now.

Thanks for all the tuning/tangling help guys!

-Mike
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:33 PM by Smeagol » Logged
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:48 PM »

Cool pictures:) Especially the ones of that old guy flying two kites, heh, heh, heh  Wink
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 06:13 PM »

Thanks to all that come out and fly. This thing is really growing.

Say Good Night Dick
Jim Foster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:55 PM »

Wow, sure looks like a great place to fly.

We plan to be at our home in Walnut Grove the full month of June.  Should be able to make a June fly unless something really good or really bad happens.

Will watch here to get the date.

Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:39 PM »

It would be great to have you guys make it out to fly. I hope it works out. It's always a kite party when the Fosters show up!

Say Good Night Dick
Ca Ike

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 01:55 AM »

Thanks to all that come out and fly. This thing is really growing.
  YEs its been fun meeting everyone.  I've had a few locals that stopped by ask if were going to do more flys so its even becoming a spectator event Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document