GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mountain & The Aurora, cool time lapse video  (Read 1314 times)
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: April 23, 2011, 07:14 PM »

Amazing time lapse video: The Mountain & The Aurora at:

The Aurora

The Mountain

Enjoy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:53 AM by lylenc » Logged

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:44 PM »

wow.
btw: Walla Walla eh???  know anything about Whitman college there???
good winds
r

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:45 PM »

very nice piece, always wanted to photograph the northernlights .

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 07:58 PM »

I've only been able to see anything other than short glimpses of the 'lights' since the early eighties when I was on the North Slope inside the artic circle.......very cool in time lapse.

thanks,
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
lylenc

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:04 AM »

Whitman is a small private liberal arts college. From their website: "Whitman is the premier liberal arts college that combines academic excellence with an unpretentious, Northwest culture and an engaging community. Since becoming a college in 1882, Whitman College has a history of graduating ethical, unpretentious leaders. The tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually dynamic, diverse, active and supportive community. Students find a balance at Whitman between challenging academics and developing meaningful and enduring personal relationships through an involved campus community.

While statistics cannot convey completely the quality of the individuals who make up Whitman's Admitted Class of 2015 students, the information below may be helpful to students who are interested in joining the Whitman community.

Applications Received:   3208
Students Admitted:   1654"

http://www.whitman.edu/content/

lylenc

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:55 AM »

Check out The Mountain, too. I thought it would be linked to The Aurora, but it wasn't

The Mountain

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 08:03 AM »

Whitman is a small private liberal arts college. From their website: "Whitman is the premier liberal arts college that combines academic excellence with an unpretentious, Northwest culture and an engaging community. Since becoming a college in 1882, Whitman College has a history of graduating ethical, unpretentious leaders. The tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually dynamic, diverse, active and supportive community. Students find a balance at Whitman between challenging academics and developing meaningful and enduring personal relationships through an involved campus community.

While statistics cannot convey completely the quality of the individuals who make up Whitman's Admitted Class of 2015 students, the information below may be helpful to students who are interested in joining the Whitman community.

Applications Received:   3208
Students Admitted:   1654"

http://www.whitman.edu/content/

yep...one of our GWTW members has an interview there..............

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
lylenc

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 08:22 AM »

The best place to fly kites, if you can call it best, is the Community College's soccer and practice field. I usually fly in the middle of the grass, straight out from the baseball field's porta pots. Hope I have a chance to fly with your friend during the visit, my kite bag is open.

I tried to insert a Google map, but it didn't work.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:29 AM by lylenc » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change