GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 10:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your top 10 list!  (Read 7364 times)
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 03:08 PM »

Thank you to everyone posting their list!  I know it probably has been done to death, but is nice to get others who never got in on it to also post. 

Cheers!

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2011, 04:15 PM »

Also a chance to update lists for new kites produced since the last time there was a list topic.

Not to mention another chance to salivate over ones that go on and off the drool list - Widowmaker, Talon, and Androgyn to name a few. I thought I had gotten over those.  Undecided

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50 PM »

We've gotten 60 new members in the last 30 days, the average is 3.2 new members a day, not to mention the 15-30 guests browsing the forum at any given time, who knows if they are new here, current members not logged in or have just been lurking unregistered for years, my guess is that most have a new interest in kites and have googled it and ended up here. So I don't see that these type of threads shouldn't be repeated on a regular basis, maybe I've seen it 20 times but there are possibly 100's of new kite enthusiasts finding the Forum every week who haven't seen it or may want to add their opinion.

Did you know the Forum software complains if you try to post to a thread over 30 days old? That may scare off users who otherwise might have something useful and of interest to add.

Now back to your normally scheduled programing  Cheesy  I already posted mine.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
jecko

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2011, 10:29 AM »

I've never own ten kites at anytime, as I'm quite new to the sport. :-)
I'm happy with what I have currently and hopeful these would be suffice to help me become a good pilot and give me full enjoyment, everytime I tie those two larkshead knot on them.

Currently flown:
Nirvana SE std
L'Organic ( Derafat designed)
Widowmaker std
Opera Adante
JJF UL
JJF SUL
4D

To make up the list:
TNT Comp ( flown)
TNT zero (flown, love it)
Deepspace ( would love to try)

☺☺☺
Stickman
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2011, 09:04 PM »

As Mikeinchico suggested, as someone returning to the sport this aproach provides valuable information even if it has been done before. It's also a way to 'cut to the chase" researching where the sport is at right now and what might work. Thanks to everyone! 

"Breaking sticks is part of the process"
Mr.Derrick

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2011, 02:43 PM »

TNT UL comp - in my Eyes THE peferfect Kite.
TNT std comp
3M - own builded 3 Meter Trickkite.
Fearless SUL
Fealress std
Fury UL - for pair or smal team
Sissy (Kitehouse) - at SSSUL Wind or for Streetkiting

greetings from Berlin- Germany
Dirk
My Kite Picture Page: http://de.zooomr.com/photos/elduderino/sets/38621/
c2thew
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2011, 05:40 PM »

Guess I'm late to the party!

1. sea devil ul (recently acquired)
2. Skyburner ADX
3. prism stowaway delta!
4. level one jtm

Wish list
rev b series
widowmaker
sea devil standard
talon
deep space
pyro ghost delta

my other kites just kind of sit in the bag
beetle
nexus

Crandall
Weekend hobbyist
 (wish list) rev b series, white pyro delta the 20 foot model?

http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty5
http://tinyurl.com/KiteP6
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty7
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty9
KiteParty10 (coming soon)

My Kite Bag: http://tinyurl.com/795dn9g
coogee

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2011, 12:13 AM »

The trouble with a top 10 in any list is there is always about 15 in the top 10. Since I don't own 10 stunt kites and have only flown my own kites I can safely come up with a top 10 list.

Deep Space My favourite I always enjoy this kite it puts a smile on my face
Vortex My first home grown kite great fun
Organic My God this is a mad beast pitchy spiny and fast
Nirvana Fx A Hoot
Gem UL The sail is  grey fade and I usually dress in a suit to fly this.
Talon UL The goods in light winds, does all the tricks
Minigem The last resort, get it out when the oysters are being blown off the rocks.

So that is all that I can put down as actually flown but there are a few I would like to get to fly and so to round out the 10

Cosmic CTC This is a real cool looking kite
Atelier Transfer Presence
TNT Any or all versions

Mike

zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2011, 07:17 AM »

So here's what I'm going to do with this topic.... lock it. That way these opinions, views and prejudices can be preserved in amber for all time. If someone wishes to start another thread like this, please give it a decent while so that we can all have the time to make new favourites.

FYI....

our two most revered kites (that was the original gist of the thread) are Benson's Deep Space and Gemini (in various weights and versions -  I didn't bother to separate them with all the kites). A tick behind them are jointly R-Sky's original Nirvana and Jest of Eve's Talon.

The most popular kite out of production was Prism's Elixir, closely followed by their Vapor. Indeed three of Prism's old kites are held in higher esteem than the best of their new ones.

Alphakites' TNT must make an excellent first impression 'cos I wonder how it managed to make #7 on the list when it makes hen's teeth look commonplace.

134 different kites managed to tickle our collective fancy but only 6 got 10 or more mentions (add in the Blue Moon Exile and Lam Hoac's Fearless to those mentioned above).

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document