GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 07:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy fix.  (Read 1069 times)
RevJim
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: April 30, 2011, 01:47 PM »

The ferrule on the right leading edge broke on my Berkeley 4D. As you recommended, I contacted Prism customer support. They sent me a new upper leading edge (with the new type ferrule) and a new center T. Smiley I had a chance to work on the kite yesterday. I had received great advice here on the forum. I also downloaded the kite repair kit pdf off of the Prism support page. I was surprised how easy it was to make the changes.Smiley Thanks for your help.
Jim
Allen Carter
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 03:35 PM »

Most kites are pretty easy to fix. And that's good, because they break a lot, especially in the first year or two. One of the hardest tricks to learn is how not to break the kite.

Allen, AKA kitehead
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 04:03 PM »

They sent me a new upper leading edge (with the new type ferrule) and a new center T. Smiley

Jim

New type ferrule ?!?  Huh

ATB,
Sam
RevJim

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:14 PM »

The ferrule used at first had a tendency to break. They changed to a stronger one. I'm not sure exactly when the change took place, other than it was after the Berkeley editions were made and before the change in the center T.

Jim
indigo_wolf

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:08 AM »

Any chance of pics of the new and old ferrules?

Did they change the center-T too?  Not a big fan of the original (?) center-T on the 4-D.

ATB,
Sam
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:48 PM by indigo_wolf » Logged
Danno419

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 02:29 PM »

Any chance of pics of the new and old ferrules?

Did they change the center-T two?  Not a big fan of the original (?) center-T on the 4-D.

ATB,
Sam

Yes the center T has changed.  Wink

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
indigo_wolf

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 02:48 PM »

Yes the center T has changed.  Wink

Oh fribble... just fribble.   Roll Eyes

ATB,
Sam
RevJim

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 05:41 PM »

I told the folks at Prism about the ferrule and he volunteered the center T. Time will tell if I end up replacing the other ferrule.
Jim
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 06:45 PM »

GLad to hear your up and flying.  PRism's customer service has always been great.  I'm also curious abotu the difference in the fittings.  PIcs would be great if you can get them posted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document