GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 07:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF12 Outtakes  (Read 1410 times)
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: April 20, 2009, 06:06 AM »

I spend some time trying to put together a VF entry this past weekend.  Out of about an hour of flying, I managed one passable entry.  I've also compiled some "cutting room floor" footage from my Virtual Freestyle 12 entry:

Virtual Freestyle 12 Outtakes

Primary flying the Quantum Pro SUL (winds were 0-3) and a little bit of time on the Zephyr.
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:39 AM »

What are you using for handles???

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:06 AM »

What are you using for handles???

obi

On the QPro I was using 50# line with the cheapy Prism (non-duos) straps.  Since the wind was so light, I alternated between wearing them around my wrists and simply holding them in my hands.

On the Zephyr I was using the duos straps with my pinkies in the finger-loops.

Why do you ask?
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:11 AM »

It looked at first glance like you were holding something padded and thick, like a solid handle, which I was thinking was crazy for a stunt kite, let alone an SUL. 

Nevermind me.  Carry on. 

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:07 AM »

Missed this thread before, here is some of my video that did not make it for my entry.

Fearless May2009

6 kite tom
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 07:11 PM »

nice music Jared
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document