GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday at Metro... The wind was amazing.  (Read 540 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: May 08, 2011, 07:01 AM »

Well the wind was great and I took everything I learned this week and flew.  I started doing more axels properly. My axel although proper was wrong.  The one I do needs to be done on the right side.  I started doing the other one on the left side.  More comfortable with it but the other side will catch  up in a day or two.  hehehehe Practice.  Heck last week I couldn't do the right side.   I did some nice slides...  I fly the Widow Maker then I go to a new toy kite "VISION" by preimer.   Jon built it years ago.   It's a beginner.  What a rush.  Pretty up in the sky also.  Some mylar panels... Without a weight it was doing tricks.  When I went down it was simple to get back up.  Briddle is different.  For $45...BUY ONE..If you don't like it..I'll give you the $45 bucks.  Great kite... Espically if you can fly a little.   Built like a brick out house.  Then it's Mamba Time.  She fly's with grace and elegance... Got tired after 3 hours and went home. 
It's morning hoping to fly havnen't check weather report... My upload is finished...So have a nice Mother's day !!!  Enjoy Vertigo Out !!!

JUST Checked weather :  Here it is..Guess were I am headed ?

Sunday

Some clouds on the East Side this morning, but everyone will see sunny skies for the afternoon. High 67 degrees if not warmer. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday Night

Mostly clear skies. Low 46 degrees. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

today.wmv
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:11 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:43 AM »

JOE! You're killing me!
Still haven't flown sence december, but am really excited to get back.
I'll be back tonight, I'm in a hotel with the parents waiting for a concert. On wednesday, what do you say to getting there early or meeting at the shop early and all that jazz shoot me a PM and we'll talk.
Slides are looking good! Excited to see that new Mmmmmamba of yours!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04 AM »

You are getting better!  Nice flying.  I notice you like that spot where you fly, I have one like it.  Pretty soon they will start calling you the "crazy kite guy" like they do me Smiley

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change