GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought a machine, how did I do?  (Read 1508 times)
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: May 10, 2011, 12:05 PM »

Payed $150 for it. It did not come with any accessories or a power cord, but I figured I could get what I need cheap. I used the cord from my laptop and it turned on and appears to be in working order. Anyone have any idea where to get an instruction manual for it? Any other tips as I have never used a Pfaff. It's a model 1473 made in West Gemany.

Thanks
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:17 PM »

well done!!!! instruction manual info....head over to the other other forum and look in the "tools" section of the forum..you should be able to find a link to a manual in there....if not people posting about this machine...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Jeepster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:03 PM »

There really should be a forum rule against folks posting this type of score for others to pine over.  It's just plain not legal to steal like that!!

Good price ... but then you knew that ... just wanted to make the rest of us feel jealous!

Cheers,
Tom
wufer
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:20 PM »

http://gotoes.org/sales/PfaffSewingMachineManuals/ViewInfo.pl?Pfaff=1&Sewing_Machine_Model=CREATIVE-1473-1473-CD-INSTRUCTIONS

Derek.
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:21 PM »

nice grab... does it have the dual feed option (IDT)?  is this your first machine? and if so, what kite are you planning to build? 
Stuart99

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 05:19 PM »

nice grab... does it have the dual feed option (IDT)?  is this your first machine? and if so, what kite are you planning to build? 

Yes, it has the IDT, and it's my second machine. I built a Rok a while back and my next mission is to build a dual or quad of some sort.
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 06:20 PM »

if you go for a dual line, I highly recommend Tom's website...
http://www.tweelijners.com/tom/tomskitesite-en/Home.html

and feel free to follow along my B'zar 2011 build if you're looking for any tips (thread is here on GWTW; updated every few days as I progress through my build.  lots of pictures. others are contributing good ideas also). 
Grant L

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:10 PM »

Good score  Smiley You can find the manual below.

http://s2.vsmgroup.com/VSM/Pfaff/pfaffmanual.nsf/Machinespage?OpenPage&Start=1&Count=400&Expand=22.1&BaseTarget=RightFrame
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19 PM »

That is an outrageously good price for that particular sewing machine!

Nice score. Wink
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 05:56 PM »

grrrrrrr uhhhhhhhhhhh d_______m yeah im jealous
nice score i am still using me Sewing With Nancy ( yes this is its name) works for me but D______M   

have fun kurt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document