GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wildwood  (Read 3091 times)
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: May 10, 2011, 07:39 PM »

Hello all, just wondering who from the forum may be making it to Wildwood at the end of the month? I will be there and I might fly this year!
Imafloater
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:28 PM »

Actually coming up from Florida to Wildwood.  I don't really know what to expect beyond a fantastic time.  Anybody who can fill me in with what to do and where really would appreciate it.  I could also use some imput on taking kites on the airlines. I will be flying if only to say "Yeah, I flew Wildwood." Hope to see everybody there.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:35 AM »

I am probably not going to make the Memorial Day weekend event, only because the AKA national event is going to be there in the fall. The traffic is horrific to get to Wildwood during the holiday weekend, as well. I went a day early and left a day early to avaoid traffic last year...

Bob D

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:05 AM »

I've been wanting to go for the longest time but it's 4 hours away and we're on a budget. I remember someone who posted that he spent more time walking around and talking to people than actually flying. I'd love to go and see some of the big names and how they fly. What an inspiration!

Bring kites that cover the wind range - though I'd probably skip the SUL personally because if it's that light it's hard for me trick. The vented is the same for the upper range. So mabye a standard and a UL. There have been posts about travelling with kites. You can buy a fishing rod case. I have the Plano Airliner Telescoping Rod case bookmarked in Amazon. Or you could buy some PVC tube and caps.

Bob D.
REVflyer

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:09 AM »

I will be up with Paul Dugard on Thursday, returning Tuesday (after your first Wildwood you'll never travel again on Friday or Memorial Monday EVER again,... 4 hours later you have traversed 10 miles!)

We'll take the 1st. Lewis/Cape May ferry over from Delaware and drive the rest of the trip (originating near Washington DC).  WW has a huge beach, way bigger than you can possibly imagine.  Step off of the boardwalk and at a brisk walking pace you will not be wet for another 10 minutes!  Most festivals have 300 foot square fields, the WW fields are often laid-out as five hundred feet per side and there can be six of 'em.

There's every kind of kiting activity also, indoor sport kites to outdoor fighters, buggies to huge show-kite inflatables, great banner displays and exhibits, demo areas for trying-out new equipment. More to do than you can fit into a schedule.  Even if you don't fly a kite there are crafters on the boardwalk and it's a photographer's dream for content.

I hope you will come by and say hello.
0plm
Sherman Myers

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 05:25 PM »

I'll be there Saturday.

Sherman Myers
Westfield, NJ
Smplcty

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 07:10 PM »

Actually coming up from Florida to Wildwood.  I don't really know what to expect beyond a fantastic time.  Anybody who can fill me in with what to do and where really would appreciate it.  I could also use some imput on taking kites on the airlines. I will be flying if only to say "Yeah, I flew Wildwood." Hope to see everybody there.
Everything to do is pretty much on the boardwalk in Wildwood. I live here so if you have and questions Id be happy to help you out in any way!
Smplcty

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 07:12 PM »

I am probably not going to make the Memorial Day weekend event, only because the AKA national event is going to be there in the fall. The traffic is horrific to get to Wildwood during the holiday weekend, as well. I went a day early and left a day early to avaoid traffic last year...
I didn't know that was going on in the fall! Looks like I have something in the fall to look forward to now!
DGomberg
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 05:57 AM »

Have to fly cross-country to get there.... Haven't missed it in more than 20 years.
Smplcty

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 04:30 PM »

Have to fly cross-country to get there.... Haven't missed it in more than 20 years.
That is awesome! I will be the new guy walking around in awe!
RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18 AM »

I'll be there.  Looking forward to not competing - just hanging out, flying, relaxing.
turbo23
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 07:03 PM »

Im hoping to make it down with my friend wingedV (rick)
Smplcty

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 05:54 PM »

I'm thinking about competing in the novice class. Ive never flown with anybody else let alone a comp!
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 06:12 PM »

I'm thinking about competing in the novice class. Ive never flown with anybody else let alone a comp!

you should i am doing novice class also....
Smplcty

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 10:17 AM »

you should i am doing novice class also....

Im giving it some thought!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum