GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 09:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdynamics quietly releases a new kite :oO  (Read 1837 times)
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: May 15, 2011, 07:10 PM »

T5 Taipan Competition Range

In 5 variants:
T5 Cuban/Zero: This is a no-compromise low/zero wind kite; it has the same geometry as the Taipan, with increased sail area to keep it in the air when nothing else will do. For 0-5 mph wind.

T5 Taipan Light: This is a UL/SUL kite, but manages to have similar handling to the Standard. Works best in 3-10 mph wind.

T5 Taipan Standard: This version does everything we like in a team/precision kite. Works best in 4-15 mph wind.

T5 Taipan V1: The V1(semi-vent) has a single (fixed) vent panel which kills some of the pull, without affecting speed or window. Works best in winds from 8 mph up to 20mph or more - especially when used with brakes.

T5 Taipan V2: The T5 V2 has been developed for extreme conditions. Variable venting panels allow the kite to fly in as little as 10 mph, right up to 30+. This under development, but will share design elements from the T4 V2 (pictured).

Woo hoo.  Smiley

ATB,
Sam

JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:22 PM »

Glad to see something new from them. Wink
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:26 AM »

I have several Airdynamics Kites, but my favorite is still the birthday present I got for Bambi, the pink rainbow T2.

The newer T kites are a little smaller than the T2 and none of them will have the striking panel layout the T2 does, but they will all be excellent sport kites.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:29 AM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:00 AM »

Wow JOhn your collection never ceases to amaze me.  Is there anything you don't have or haven't had at one point?  OTher than new releases of course.

Those look like they have a bit of old school flare to the design. Moderate aspect ratio and slightly curved LE.  Should be interesting to see the final panel layouts and how they fly.  So many kites to try so little time and funds Tongue
indigo_wolf

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:12 AM »

I have several Airdynamics Kites, but my favorite is still the birthday present I got for Bambi, the pink rainbow T2.

Never owned, but always liked the lines of the T2 with the little batlet wings.  Only Airdynamics in the bag are Dharma SRs.... which are purty in their own way.

ATB,
Sam
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 10:34 AM »

I like Airdynamics kites a lot. I've only owned a Dharma, which Chilese has since desecrated decorated with magic markers. I've flown several others, including that big pink T2 and a smaller pink one (what model is that John? It was great). I tend to think of them as sort of the the British Blue Moon. Very well made and having their own distinct Airdymnamics personality.

My Dharma

Allen, AKA kitehead
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:53 PM »

I used to love flying my Airdynamics Dark Star. I must have clocked up 100 hours + on that kite!  Grin
bryan beasley
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44 AM »

I've flown mosy of Peters' stuff at some point or another, and used the T2 in pair comp for a couple of seasons... this T5 is really very good indeed - spend some time on the UL just the other weekend and was mightinly impressed. Am still now considering swapping over to them for IRB comps.

Bryan
misterbleepy
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43 AM »

In 5 variants

It sounds like it's really available in 6 variants - the SUL is available in 2 versions - the version with a Cuben Fibre sail (apparently the fabric weight is 11 gsm) and the 'regular' SUL version in PC31 Icarex.

The Cuben Fibre version sounds very interesting...

Keith B...   ...leep     bleep     bleep
indigo_wolf

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 08:58 AM »

@misterbleepy:
Thanks for that. I missed that.... wasn't really clear until you pulled up the individual page for the variant.   That does sound very interesting/exotic.   As it is an "Ask about price.", I expect there is some sticker shock Huh to be expected.

ATB,
Sam
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:01 AM »

If that kite comes out in Cuben fibre then it will most likely crack the record high price for a sport kite.......
and be barn beautiful....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:06 AM »

The regular T5 Zero is 225 (~$365 at the moment) which means the Cuben fabric will have to add over 200 bucks to oust even the Alphakites NRG standard, a good example of a spendy kite, and let us not forget that when introduced the Aerostuff Fury was..... 485 Huh (that's $785 today).

Mike,
I like numbers.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum