Vented team kite?

Pages: (1/5) > >>

Flying Fish:

My wife and I have two pairs of team kites that we fly regularly: a pair of North Shore Radicals and a pair of Dream Ons. We're musing about adding a pair of SULs in due course (we got our eyes on the new T5s ....), and maybe also a pair of venteds. This is to keep flying when the NSRs pull your arms out of their sockets ...

When it comes to vented team kites, there doesn't appear to be that much around. T4/T5 (mid-vent or mega-vent), Infinity Vented, and .... ? What others are around that people would recommend? Added trick-ability is not important; precision is, so we're not looking for a kite that can do some tricks at the cost of less precision.

I saw one or two web-sites hinting at a vented version of the Multiflex, a German team kite. Anyone got any experience with Multiflexes (in any version)?

chilese:

What wind range are you looking for?

The Infinity Vented will only add a few mph to the standards range.
Basically, look at the % of venting compared to how much additional wind range you're looking for.

Good luck.

Flying Fish:

Thanks John. I'd be looking at a kite that can deal with 25-30mph, ideally with gusts a bit higher than 30mph. I'm aware that the vented Infinity doesn't go that much higher than the standard version, and that's why that kite isn't on my radar. But I just thought I'd mention it to show I'm aware it exists. Seems there aren't many vented team kites around, unless I'm missing something obvious.

cgregurich73:

Chicago fire kite team flys vented mambas.

chilese:

At 30 mph, even my most vented dualie gets parked at the top of the window until the wind dies down a bit.

And that would be my Voodoo Vented.

I suggest you get whatever vented you like and start burning additional holes in it.

Pages: (1/5) > >>