GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am rather upset...  (Read 2821 times)
Stickman
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 10:59 PM »

Shane-Sorry to hear about "the attack"! What a bummer! As one of those waiting for Mark to complete my Talon UL-I am more than happy to wait a few extra days for yours to get fixed. Actually before I understood the kite was already shipped back-I thought I would get Mark to stick an extra LLE in with mine. Anyway-did that happen at kite hill? Hope to meet you there some time if that's where you fly. Scott

"Breaking sticks is part of the process"
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 10:00 AM »

Shane-Sorry to hear about "the attack"! What a bummer! As one of those waiting for Mark to complete my Talon UL-I am more than happy to wait a few extra days for yours to get fixed. Actually before I understood the kite was already shipped back-I thought I would get Mark to stick an extra LLE in with mine. Anyway-did that happen at kite hill? Hope to meet you there some time if that's where you fly. Scott

Nah, not at kitehill. I have always had pretty good experiences there. I actually live in DT Seattle and sold both my cars when I moved to the city. So haven't been able to get to kitehill very often. I will however, be there this Saturday, I hope you can make it out. "he dog attack" happened at a little field that I found in the city... it is on the other side of lake Union from Gasworks Park. It is not very big but the wind coming off the water is normally in the perfect direction and it "was" a beautiful place to fly... I will not be going there anymore.... Cry   I'm sure that if I search enough I will find another place within walking distance....

I went to Ocean Shores WA this weekend and my wife allowed me to buy a new kite..... It isn't a Talon by any means. but it will work. I got a new SkyDog kite... seems to fly rather well. but I only got about 30 minutes with it the whole weekend... then a lower spreader decided to break... I have never had to deal with loaded spars... that's an odd concept from Dodd... but it is fixed now and I am hoping to be at kite hill pretty much all day on Saturday... i have missed flying since my Talon got bit... Hopefully I'll see ya there. I will be the guy with the Skydog Cross fire kite. It's green, yellow and black.

PS..... I can't wait to get my JoE back!!!!!! Cry

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Stickman

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 10:35 PM »

Pm'd you

"Breaking sticks is part of the process"
stuntkiter
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05 AM »

Great story - glad she made it right and glad you're faith in people has been restored.

Britt O'Halloran
Crystal Lake, IL
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 12:23 PM »

CV

Danno419

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:32 PM »

About the LLE - i spoke to Mark about reusing the wing tip weights recently - he said you can break/crush the 3 gram weights out of the old spar and reuse them in a new one... just need to silicone them in place.
Just FYI  Cool

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document