GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 07:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone live in provo utah area  (Read 734 times)
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: May 29, 2011, 11:51 AM »

would like to find some local people to fly with in the provo area of utah, didnt see a looking for people to fly with section

Jeepster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 02:19 PM »

You might check out the website for Utah Kite Fliers.  Or, PM "tcope" on this forum ... I think he lives reasonably near you.

Good Luck,
Tom
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 02:58 PM »

The best way to learn more about kite flying is to fly with others. Plus, it's just more fun!

The Utah Kite Fliers will be getting together (a few of us) at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi on June 18th for Dog Days. This is just a small local fly, Thanksgiving Point invites us out to put some kites in the area and add some color. The following event is a new Kite Festival at Bear Lake in Idaho (the north side of Bear Lake is in Idaho). This looks to be a great event as the beach (yes, beach) is huge and everyone says the winds are very good in that area. That is June 25th. There should be a lot of people at that event.

We also have several informal fun flies. These usually take place in Taylorsville as there is a great field there which almost always has great winds.

Take a look at the website, view the forum and feel free to join the Yahoo Group to keep in touch.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:46 PM »

I lived in Provo in the early 80s. There's lots of nice open spaces for flying from what I remember. Seems to me there was a park across the street from the hospital. And the high school in Orem had a nice field too. It's going to start getting warm there though.

Bob D.
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:43 PM »

gonna look into the spanish fork area up near the canyon, think they had a kite festival up there

tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:05 PM »

It was near the mouth of the Spanish fork Canyon, at the Spanish Fork Gun Club. While the event was fun, it was not a good place to fly. It's right up against the mountain and a lot of the wind was being blocked.

If you get a chance, stop by Dog Days at Thanksgiving point 6/18. Just let them know you are with the kite fliers to get in for free.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document