GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind and... More Wind  (Read 1823 times)
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« on: May 29, 2011, 03:36 PM »

So here I am. Out of the snow, warm temps, wind, and time. Who could ask for more?

The flags look like they're about to get ripped from the poles. The sky is that ivory glow with no horizon that comes from blowing dust filling the sky.

Where's the super-vent when you need one?  Roll Eyes   Cheesy

Bob
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 03:59 PM »

Vented Rev 2 weather.  Cool

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:23 PM »

Sounds like you need a Fearless vented light.  Cheesy

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 06:30 PM »

Talon vented is just gorgeous. Best vented in my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
MtnFlyer

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 06:46 PM »

From past experience, I'd have to say this is way past dual line vent wind, at least for me. I tend to think that tops out around the mid-20s.

I was thinking more along the line of Bazzer's new B-Pro 1.5 XTRA Vent Rev. Almost half, maybe more, is venting.   Grin
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:17 PM by MtnFlyer » Logged

Bob
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:57 PM »

We hit gusts to 55 mph this morning.

I just got back from flying.
Started with a Quantum Pro and 100' x 7" Dia tube tail.

Ended up flying just the QP. Great day.

And as a bonus on Memorial Day weekend, the tube tail was RWB.  Grin

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
MtnFlyer

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20 PM »

Sounds nice, John.

Been meaning to email you. Conference again in a couple of weeks but I won't get there until Sunday morning - Friday night is a miss. Anyone flying Sunday night these days?

Bob
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 07:34 PM »

I'd be happy to fly with you any day.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
MtnFlyer

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 07:38 PM »

Cool! Thanks.

Let me check my conference schedule when I get home tomorrow and I'll let you know what it is. I'll be flexible around it.

Bob
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 08:13 AM »

From past experience, I'd have to say this is way past dual line vent wind, at least for me. I tend to think that tops out around the mid-20s.

I was thinking more along the line of Bazzer's new B-Pro 1.5 XTRA Vent Rev. Almost half, maybe more, is venting.   Grin

I haven't flown a 1.5 XTRA Vent Rev; how is it at 35 mph? May have to add it to the shopping list.

The vented Rev 2 can still perform most functions at 35 mph with managable pull and very little footwork. One won't be doing slack line stuff unless able to run 30 mph.  Wink I don't attempt much slack line stuff at any wind speed - in particular if it involves running. Huh The stalls, ladders, center & wing tip turns, and slides are still there. They can be warp speed or super-slow motion, but definitely warp speed if you lose focus for a split second - warm up any fast-twitch muscles you may have. At those wind speeds, any resemblence to precision is accidental and momentary, but the fun factor is off the chart. If one needs kite time and wants more to do than loopty loop stuff, a vented Rev 2 is flyable for several hours without beating one up, even for us old farts.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 10:12 AM »

I haven't flown a 1.5 XTRA Vent Rev; how is it at 35 mph? May have to add it to the shopping list.

The vented Rev 2 can still perform most functions at 35 mph with managable pull and very little footwork. One won't be doing slack line stuff unless able to run 30 mph.  Wink I don't attempt much slack line stuff at any wind speed - in particular if it involves running. Huh The stalls, ladders, center & wing tip turns, and slides are still there. They can be warp speed or super-slow motion, but definitely warp speed if you lose focus for a split second - warm up any fast-twitch muscles you may have. At those wind speeds, any resemblence to precision is accidental and momentary, but the fun factor is off the chart. If one needs kite time and wants more to do than loopty loop stuff, a vented Rev 2 is flyable for several hours without beating one up, even for us old farts.

My feelings exactly ! Love my Rev 2 and vented 2

"Do what you like"
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 10:27 PM »

Denny

Give it a rest

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 11:14 PM »

Denny

Don't we all?
CV

Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 08:55 AM »

HEY ROBERRRRRRRRRRRRTO

ANY CHANCE OF SEEING YOU AROUND THE TOLAVONA  JULY 4TH THIS YEAR?
MtnFlyer

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 10:50 AM »

ANY CHANCE OF SEEING YOU AROUND THE TOLAVONA  JULY 4TH THIS YEAR?

Won't be out 'til the third week in September this year, Don. Trying something new.  Grin

Bob
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change