GWTW Forum
September 15, 2014, 06:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awindofchange customer "service"  (Read 2315 times)
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« on: May 31, 2011, 12:10 AM »

Just want to warn people ... I ordered a vented Silver Fox from Awindofchange. Kite arrived in the UK, so far all fine. I eagerly opened the box to find that two of the stand-off clips were broken and the other two were close to breaking point. Immediately e-mailed customer service, explaining the problem and asking them how to want to solve the issue: no reply; e-mailed them again: no reply; e-mailed them for a third time: no reply.

Is this normal for them? Maybe they feel there's nothing I can do being outside the US and therefore why bother?
All they need to do is send me 4 replacement clips and I'll fix the kite ....

Needless to say I'll never buy from them again, given their level of "service".

Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:54 AM »

Why did not you buy the Silver Fox hereWink
Flying Fish

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:59 AM »

Because the kite was ~$20 cheaper at Awindofchange. As they are listed along the right, I assumed they would be reliable. If I'd known then what I know now ...

Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:18 AM »

How long has it been between the emails? Big extended holiday weekend here, so it wouldn't be unusual for a business to be closed last friday and again today. Kent is a good guy, so give him a chance to make it right.

Allen, AKA kitehead
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44 AM »

Could you tell us when you sent the emails?

If it was over the week-end of our Memorial Day holiday, I can understand why you haven't received a reply.

I have purchased from Kent on many occasions and never had a problem. I'm sure this will be resolved quickly.

Good luck.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 04:20 AM »

I've heard nothing but good things about Kent. I'm sure he'll do right by you.

Bob D.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 04:31 AM »

i'm sure he'll make this right. kent spreads himself a bit thin, however he's one of the fairest, most generous people i've met. sucks about the kite for sure, no excuse, but i'd bet in the end kent won't be happy until you're happy.

awindofchange happens to be my local kite shop so if i sound a bit biased i will say i've also had nothing but the best experience with our gracious host steve at chicokites as well.

Fdeli
Flying Fish

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:38 AM »

I'm perfectly willing to give it a bit more time, given all your positive comments on Kent and how he runs his business. I did buy two replacement clips at a kite festival this weekend, as it looked like I wouldn't hear back at all.

Point is not whether I can buy replacement parts myself to fix the kite; if I spend close to $200 on a new kite, I expect that kite to be in top condition, and if it isn't, I expect the problem to be dealt with swiftly.

Guess we will see what the next day or two bring ...

Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 04:55 AM »

Guess we will see what the next day or two bring ...
For sure, 8 replacement stand-off clips.  Wink
Jeepster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 05:01 AM »

A Wind of Change is not my local kite shop, so I've no bias there.  

Besides the fact that Kent is an all around good guy to be on the field with, he is great to do business with because he gives exceptional service to his customers. Simply ignoring you is not his style.

Regards,
Tom

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 06:59 AM »

I've been doing business with Kent for 3 years and never had or heard of a complaint (until now) in that time. I'm sure he'll make things right for you.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:33 AM »

Yep I would probably chalk this one up to the Holiday and Kent being the only one in the shop responding to the customer service email. Maybe a spam filter gone awry. He follows the forum pretty closely and has not been on here since the 27th either. Alternately you could PM him here in case a spam filter is eating your emails, he's Gamelord here on the forum.

Let us know when he gets ahold of you and all is well, it's a hard call for an online retailer, "Do I open a new kite to check it over before before shipping or will doing so make the customer think they have recieved a used or display model kite?".

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21 AM »

I've seen quite a few standoff's on SF's break. They're crap, I wouldn't worry about it. I just replaced all of mine. 3 of mine came broken too, but when I looked at what they were made out of, I didn't mind.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
kiteclique
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 08:40 AM »

Customers eh Roll Eyes Who'd want 'em ?

Given that you're overseas, if he sends you replacement parts ... chances are it'll be 7-10 before you get them
anyways ... so wheres the fire ?

Throwing this sort of tantrum will just deter people from dealing/trading with you.

-Frazer
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47 AM »

Sadly those clips are a weak point on the kites, if Jaco's or R-Sky's parts would work I would ask Kent about upgrading them. They may require new stand-offs to be cut or shortening yours in order to keep the overall length the same. I'm sure Kent can help you if you choose to go with a more reliable part.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:52 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document