GWTW Forum
September 22, 2014, 03:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon monthly fly  (Read 13731 times)
DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 08:52 PM »

Hmm...if im not hangin with friends, should I  go...hmm...decisions, decisions

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
King-J

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 05:47 AM »

Hmm...if im not hangin with friends, should I  go...hmm...decisions, decisions

Don, From my understanding there will be a TNT flying there Today Wink
I'll probably get there around 8:30 - 9:00 and I'll probably need to get out of there by 2:00 Sad, it takes a little longer driving back, got a Concrete job to start Monday Morning, got to make some $$$$

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 11:15 AM »

So are you guys going to do a fun fly on Oct. 9th, at the above location? I've asked for that day off (have to do these things a couple of weeks ahead), so if it's a different date, it would be a good thing to know.

Thanks!

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 02:13 PM »

So are you guys going to do a fun fly on Oct. 9th, at the above location? I've asked for that day off (have to do these things a couple of weeks ahead), so if it's a different date, it would be a good thing to know.

Thanks!

Nancy

YEs the fly will be on the 9th unless we have a drastic weather change and have torrential rains Tongue  HOpefully the soccer nuts won't be taking up the entire park like they did last weekend but we'll find a spot somewhere in there.

ANthony
madhabitz

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 12:49 AM »

Awesome, I'll plan to be there. Thanks!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 07:12 AM »

Awesome, I'll plan to be there. Thanks!

BE nice to have another new flier in the bunch Smiley  NOw if only my Solus set will show up in time  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Cheesy
madhabitz

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 01:19 PM »

Oh boy, new toys!

mikenchico

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 07:30 AM »

Rhonda and I are considering running down since we'll be missing Chico's first Sunday fly this month  Sad  but then we will be in Tahoe for a friends wedding and spending some time with the daughter, son in law and granddaughter. Depends on how much further behind I get. Wonder if any of the other locals would be up for a road trip?  Steve, Bob, Ted, Denny? 3 hours each way, I'll drive (i'm not a good passenger)

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 09:26 AM »

I'm planning to attend this time. Looks like we could have a pretty good kite party.

Allen, AKA kitehead
ozonejim
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 10:09 AM »

Won't be able to make it  Cry I'll be at the Japan America KIte Festival in Seal Beach  Smiley Have fun, see you all in November.

madhabitz

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 10:23 AM »

Oh boy, more people!!!

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 10:57 AM »

You guys should!  It's a really nice flying spot.. the more the merrier.

Rhonda and I are considering running down since we'll be missing Chico's first Sunday fly this month  Sad  but then we will be in Tahoe for a friends wedding and spending some time with the daughter, son in law and granddaughter. Depends on how much further behind I get. Wonder if any of the other locals would be up for a road trip?  Steve, Bob, Ted, Denny? 3 hours each way, I'll drive (i'm not a good passenger)

King-J

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2011, 07:34 PM »

Hey Mike, I have been trying to make both fly's (Chico & Ripon) and probably will be in Ripon next weekend, and Chico this weekend, as long as work doesn't interfere, hey I don't see my name in your list Wink O I'm not really Local, just Loco Grin, winds have been pretty nice, the times I have made it to Ripon, If you and Rhonda are going to be there I might be able to get Terry to go this time, real good group of flyer's lots of kites.

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
mikenchico

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2011, 08:10 PM »

I've been wanting to go since they started it, it's just a pretty long drive for us but since we are missing the Chico fly we're going to try for Ripon. Grass Valley is a bit out of fhe way but if you're buying we'll meet you in Marysville for breakfast  Wink

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Ca Ike

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2011, 09:57 PM »

Well looks like we might have a good size group shaping up.  THe good news is there are no soccer games set for the 9th but the goals will probably be left out as usual.  For those that haven't been to one of our fly's yet we usually fly all day.  SOme of us get out there as early as 8-9 am but most show up around noon and stay till 5 or later.  THere isn't much for shade so bring an umbrella and if you don't have on there is usually a spot under one of ours available.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document