GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 03:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon monthly fly  (Read 13781 times)
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+82)

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 11:59 AM »

Yes, it was good hanging out again and meeting the new folks.  I had a blast flying the new BMK's.

Allen, that Firestorm looked great with the lighter frame.  I'm tempted to try framing mine w/Rev rods ala Whangdoodle.  Grin  Might be an interesting experiment.

-Mike
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41 PM »

I had a ton of fun yesterday, wind or no wind. It was a good lesson for me to see that kites really can fly in no-wind conditions. I have a lot to learn. After most of you guys left, Anthony flew my Mamba standard all over the place. Oh man, it was so cool. It was so much fun meeting everyone and well worth the trip.

Thanks everyone!

Nancy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:52 AM by madhabitz » Logged

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
mikenchico
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 11:26 PM »

We kept talking about making the trip right up untl Sat. night, but a freind had came by Friday night and spent the night, he hadn't been into Upper Bidwell Park for years and we needed the exercise, plus you don't have to ask me twice to hit our park. So out to breakfast, the upper park road was open so we were able to drive up and take a few different hikes and see areas I haven't been into for years either. Ran a couple errands, a late dinner and didn't get home until 11:30 PM. Hated missing it after looking forward to it for a couple weeks but we were beat by the time we got home and turned out we both had to work Monday.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 09:08 PM »

Sure was a beautiful day at the park Sunday, It was great to see you all again, and it was nice to have met a couple of new kite junkys (Nancy and Penny) hope to see you all again next month.

John

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
madhabitz

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2011, 09:09 AM »

I've got A bunch of photos just about ready to go-- will upload them later today. I keep thinking about all I learned on Sunday-- mostly how much I don't know, but it sure was fun. My new lines arrived yesterday (75ft Speedline), so I am hopeful I'll have some actual wind today. Yesterday started out promising, but then it dropped down to what we had in Ripon. It rained on Monday, so that was a wash too. So to speak.

~morelater

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
madhabitz

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 05:37 PM »

Okay, here they are. I still have a ton of editing on the gallery I installed, but I'm tired of messing with it. Ignore the "BY NLC" on each thumbnail. I'll have to edit some templates, I think. In any case, at least it no longer says "BY GALLERY ADMINISTRATOR."
http://www.madhabitz.com/gallery/Ripon-Fun-Fly

moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2011, 09:12 PM »

Awesome photos Nancy! Vert nice meeting and hope to see you next month.
Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2011, 09:33 PM »

Definitely a good looking sail on your Mamba Nancy.  http://www.madhabitz.com/gallery/Ripon-Fun-Fly/0414mamba THe shot of Johns TNT looking like its planted on the water tower is great.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:38 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
madhabitz

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2011, 11:28 AM »

Thanks George-- it was fun to take pictures again, but I miss my old Canon DSLR and good lenses. This little Nikon does okay, but it's a lot to get used to. I am even having to learn to edit all over again.

I've got a few more of you that show you flying your dual line-- got one decent one of your kite, but you are cut off (just your arm is there) and one of you, but with your kite cut in half. Oy. I was never great at action shots, but at least with the DSLR I could machine gun it and have a chance of at least one good shot. In any case, when I get the time, I'll get those up for you to have.

Thanks Anthony, I'm more and more happy with that sail layout. I'm already planning (in my head at this point) my UL and Vented Mambas.

Maybe some of that stuff you tried to teach me will sink in after I learn some slack line management when I've got some wind. Man, you guys were so good at this stuff! I was so impressed!!

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document