GWTW Forum
August 20, 2014, 11:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many is too many? Yup, another kite hehe.  (Read 5887 times)
Scott Blake
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 09, 2011, 12:27 AM »

Ok, so with this latest one I am at six.  Now I figure thats not too bad cause three are the same one and cheap (Micron's).

Anyway, how many do you have?  Hopefully I am somewhere in the slightly below average area hehe

Oh, and the obligatory picture; a new custom color Ocius UL

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:42 AM »

Well I'm up to 13 sport kites and 4-6 SLK's  but thats on the low side of things.  I've also sold a few kites to pay for others so m collection has not changed much in the last 3 buys.  I do know a few people that have upwards of 100 kites spanning damn near the entire kite history back to the early 80's
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:45 AM »

There are a few discrepancies, but this is mostly it:
The far right column are kites which have gone to new homes.
And one of the fighters was crushed in my hands and sent to Doug Charleville as I couldn't look at it any more.

I like your Ocius by the way.  Smiley

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:14 AM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:50 AM »

As the saying goes, you always need just one more kite than you currently have ...

I'm on 57 at the moment, mostly dual-liners, but also some single-, triple-, and quad-liners, and age-wise ranging from the 1970s to 21st century (plus building a replica of a 19th century dual-line kite at the moment). In my defence, my wife and I are both flying, so that essentially that means I've got 28.5 kites. Half-kites don't fly, so there will have to be another one. Gut feeling it won't stay at 57 ... (or 58 ...)

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:06 AM »

As the saying goes, you always need just one more kite than you currently have ...

Yes, .......and every time you set a limit, some kite pusher Kiss comes along and you have to extend to just one more Sad

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Hadge

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 03:47 AM »

The question is not How many is too many, the question is how many can you get away with telling your wife/girlfriend/partner that you have! The Other Place has a 'Library' where you can borrow kites for month to try before you buy.  This is wonderful, because when a new kite arrives you just say "Oh it's Ok Dear, I've only borrowed it from the Library" and after a month She's forgotten about it!! Wink Wink

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:00 AM »

My epitome of ridiculousness, not counting those kites that's actually "colorful" Smiley.

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
Scott Blake

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 04:12 AM »

Wow!

Yup, some of you might actually need to seek help  Shocked  Wink
Flying Fish

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22 AM »

Guilty as charged, I admit it's an addiction and that I've got it badly. But I'm positive that just one or two more kites will cure me  Cheesy The wife has it almost as badly as I do, so one more kite for her will definitely cure her. I can stop any time I want after that.

Which will bring us to 60. Round number, but not as nice a round number as 100. Or the 150 I quickly counted on John's composite picture ...

Uhmmm, anyone know the number for kitaholics anonymous?

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 04:32 AM »

You mean the phone # or the # of units before you need help?

The phone number I googled once and couldn't fine.  The number at which you need help is anything higher than five, IMO Embarrassed

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Flying Fish

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46 AM »

The number at which you need help is anything higher than five

Which means I'm way beyond help, so I've got to face that nothing can be done to cure my addiction. No point worrying about it any more then; might as well give in, so on to the Swap Meet!

Scott Blake

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 04:50 AM »

You mean the phone # or the # of units before you need help?

The phone number I googled once and couldn't fine.  The number at which you need help is anything higher than five, IMO Embarrassed

Uh oh, I just dinged 6....but 2 don't count as they are spares for the first micron amiright?!
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:54 AM »

Too many is when your wife suddently quite and pack her back and don't scream to you again to not buy new kite... just kidding (peace)  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 06:00 AM »

My epitome of ridiculousness, not counting those kites that's actually "colorful" Smiley.

-Darryl

i'm ready to taking care those other colorfull stuff Darryl... specially the one that need to "transfer" hihihihihi... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
coop
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 06:02 AM »

Well in the past I had 30 or so, as of right now 10, but with in the next month it will probably be 15.

@chilese- Do I see a Ying-Yang in there? I have always wanted one. How does it fly? I found a site that has one for $69 brand new.

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document