GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 10:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: l'Atelier SLASH - Video  (Read 3969 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 06:17 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This Video should get the Oscar award for Best Video of 2011'... hats off to great video and flying... incrediable.

Keep em' coming.

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 08:00 AM »

Just to re-open a long retired thread...

Speaking in relation to the Wasted Bandwidth thread KAP with dualies.. what's interesting in this video is the use of a KAP rig to film a second kite.

I don't know if there has been too much of that done before.

That's what I was thinking. I love the way they did that.. I think it would probably work great to use a Rev with a camera to filma  dual doing the tricks since you can keep a Rev to stable in flight... Maybe that's what they did... I didn't ever see the second kite in the vid. I love this vid though.
Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 03:06 AM »

In the start of the video there is a noise that is, I think, a hover device for the camera. It is like the 4 rotor helicopter thing-a-ma -jiggys. You could set it on hover and just pan left or right. The Go Pro camera's have this thing. Other wise it would be very hard to keep the kite in shot. Pure speculation on my part. The magic of film, it is pretty groovy no matter how it is done.
 Mike
GoPro HD Hero Camera Mount for Quadrocopter
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:45 AM by coogee » Logged
Mr.Derrick

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 05:13 AM »

best Kite vid i`ve seen so far .  I Love it realy !

The kite shall be very interesting - not easy to tirck, but " very precise in its precision" so Peter (PAW).

greetings from Berlin- Germany
Dirk
My Kite Picture Page: http://de.zooomr.com/photos/elduderino/sets/38621/
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 03:24 PM »

Very nice video! At the end you can see both sets of dual lines running down to them standing next to each other! Looks like a gopro to me. Awesome video and the kite looks sweet too.
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 06:23 PM »

4:38- the shadows, at about 1:30 (angle) to the blue bag on the ground (look on the rocks just above the 'inlet') you can see the shadows of 2 kites, one is def a Dualie, the other I'm 95% sure is the 'REVKAP' rig.

Still verrry verry cool  Cool

WinterDaze AoF
PAW
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35 AM »

best Kite vid i`ve seen so far .  I Love it realy !

The kite shall be very interesting - not easy to tirck, but " very precise in its precision" so Peter (PAW).
I have flown it at Stella this year...love it...needs control by tricks and has a very good prezision...love it !
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 08:59 AM »

Speaking in relation to the Wasted Bandwidth thread KAP with dualies.. what's interesting in this video is the use of a KAP rig to film a second kite.

It hasn't been done to death, but it has been done.

There's also instances of where filming has been done with a UAV, which really opens up a lot of possibilities.

PKD Century Soulfly II

ATB,
Sam
John Welden

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 05:25 PM »

Just to re-open a long retired thread...

It's cool in an artistic sense, but I much prefer kite videos shot from the perspective of the flyer.  I want to see kite flying, not a video art project. And please no intro with a dude driving to the kite field.  Roll Eyes And please please no seriousness or EXTREME sports style video.  You're flying a kite.  Don't try to make it cool and edgy, it's not. It's kite flying.

If the flying is good, there is absolutely no need for any fancy video techniques.

Keep It Simple Stupid.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:28 PM by John Welden » Logged
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28 PM »

Oh C'mon. The car is done up with the L'Atelier logo.

How many times do you get to see someone driving to the beach in the company car and the company makes kites. That's cool. Smiley

From about 3:09

From about 3:29

From about 4:31

There is some amazing stuff in there from a video perspective and from a flying perspective.

Plus if you cut out all the stuff I think you are writing off, you still have some great flier viewpoint flying by Mat.

It's a very effective video. I'm buying one, but then I like L'Atelier kites. A lot.
Mat

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 10:54 AM »

Hey friends,

Really happy seeing you so curious and enjoyed by our vid,

Hope to meet all of you one time on a beach,

My best,

mathieu

bryan beasley

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 02:07 PM »

^^^, he's my favourite. ;-)

Bryan
PAW
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 03:14 PM »

^^^, he's my favourite. ;-)

Bryan
And your mine  Wink
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 09:50 AM »

Welcome to the forum Mat.

Don't be a stranger.

Wink
bryan beasley

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 11:27 AM »

@ Peter...  Cool

See you on the beach next time. ;-)

Bryan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography