GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 06:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogstake fun  (Read 3094 times)
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 04:32 PM »

John, can't you do a dog staked 360? What's wrong with you...
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 05:44 PM »

I've thought about it long and hard, but I'd need *really* long lines and some killer guesstimating on my line management. LOL

Indoor too, only place it could work is attached to the ceiling.   Roll Eyes

Yes, I really did think about it. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 07:08 PM »

Lots of fun.  Do you think a JL is possible?

I have not read ALL the rules (there are few), but this could perhaps make catching some flying on tape a little easier.

6 kite tom
Kitelife

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 07:47 PM »

I did 1-1/2 JL's using a Level One Jump in 2007, but didn't catch it on video and hadn't the chance to spend time trying again since... You need the right wind, because if you back up or move forward too much, it'll all go to hell in a hurry. Smiley

However, I plan on bearing down in good wind sometime soon to figure out as many tricks as I can through the stake.

Up 'till now, I've done 1/2 axel, cascade, coind toss, snap lazy, kombo, backspin, 2-point landing, insane and a couple of others... None with more than 50% success, but it seems doable given reasonable wind and enough practice. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Kitelife

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 07:48 PM »

BTW, rules for what? VF?

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
tpatter

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 07:58 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking VF.  Cool video, I can't wait to try your new kite.

6 kite tom
Kitelife

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 10:13 PM »

I'll be interested to hear responses once the kite gets out there... It's no $300-$400 trick machine, wasn't designed with that in mind, although I worked hard to get those traits into the design... It was really targeted to novice/intermediate pilots who are looking to step up into a $150-$200 kite that is well rounded for both precision and tricks.

A lot of different folks have tried it so far, all skill levels... Good responses all around, although most pilots seem to over control it for the first couple of minutes while they start to minimize their inputs.

Just got my personal kites btw, I expect the stores will be getting theirs in the next 1-2 weeks if all goes well. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
firecsi

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 11:38 AM »

I want one. I have been checking you out flying with it. It cool.

Tobie

I live, I fly, I am
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 06:13 AM »

After watching the video.. <-------------walked in the garage took out new Solus.... smashed it.  Then took out Widow Maker stepped on it...Took Widow Maker Ul bent it in half..Took all three Ocius and Burner them... Took Mamba,Exile,Mongoose and laid them in driveway..started up Kite Truck and ran them over... Rufus chewed up Pro Dancer... 

After viewing the video again I realized   "...I'm not worthy..." .  Your the King... "... Long live the King...".    Grin

I now know what Charlie Brown felt.....

Vertigo Out !!   Cry

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 12:48 PM »

That was my point..I've quit kiting for the day as a result... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He is not HUMAN .... also how long does it take to be  a good pilot Huh got to be more than a couple years any thoughts  Sad

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51 PM »

Vertigo2u, there's a bump you need to get over.

I am not sure when it happens...maybe around the time you start counting how many rungs of J's ladder you can do. 

Suddenly you will really understand how tugging lines in correct combination with managed slack, you manage to regularly reach alternate flying positions...fade, turtle, flare...and how you can regularly rotate the kite in these postions...and nearly all understanding comes at once. 

After this point, you learn new tricks faster because you 'get it'.  Some tricks will elude you for a long time...for me it was the taz machine (still is on my XTs) and the wap-do-wap.  Then the frustration will arise not from nearly complete mystification, but instead from knowing exactly what needs to be done but being unable to pull it off.

You are nearly there.  I think a fractured axel in your repertoire would be a good investment on your part.  It makes starting the jacob's ladder much much easier.  By then, you'll be bored with the backspin out of a fractured axel. 

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
vertigo2u

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 10:58 PM »

I keep practicing,practicing,practicing and listening...   Today I wasn't sure if I turteled,lazy susan,fade,turtle.  If a Jacob's Ladder is three rungs... Then when I do one rung is that a " Step-Ladder"... Roll Eyes .  Getting cooler out.  last week I was in shorts...

I need ten more hours of this... Good wind please...

Who's on first.wmv

Ca Ike

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 12:04 AM »

Well thats something Joe but its not a JL.  Pull to the fade when the lazy is only half way around then barrel roll out of the fade and pull to the backflip.  HOwever keep that full lazy spin to fade in your trick arsenal.  Its a great was to go from a lazy susan to flick flacs or back spin.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum