GWTW Forum
September 22, 2014, 07:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WidowMaker Standard (draft1) and UL videos  (Read 2061 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« on: June 23, 2011, 06:40 AM »

Hey guys!
I figured it's been long enough without custom WM's in my bag, so in a few months of saving up in the 'kite fund' they're finally here! We got some video on both. The standard video will be expanded in the near future (and get different music) because we didn't get a whole ton on it before the winds died. This was RIGHT after a big storm passed us, and you can see the dark clouds in the background. All in all, it was a good wednesday night when the storms passed (took long enough though..  Cheesy ). Anywho, Enjoy!

Standard-- 
Skyburner WidowMaker Standard

UltraLite-- 
Skyburner WidowMaker UL
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:08 AM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:41 AM »

for those pilots in Germany, here's the vimeo video (stupid copyright...) on the UL.  Smiley

Skyburner WidowMaker UL

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
mccjoh03
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19 AM »

Looks good.  Glad you are finally flying the right thing.  Did you go with the turbo on both?
adx1592

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:21 AM »

Hey John,
Yeah, the turbo's on both. I'm really REALLY loving the UL. Wish you were here so we could fly some pairs!
Glad you are finally flying the right thing. 
+1  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:29 AM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Kitemac
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15 AM »

As usual very nice flying and I see you are still maintaining the purple and black theme.  How did Lady Gaga get into your music collection?  Was she an elective in the music school curriculum?

adx1592

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 09:43 AM »

Believe it or not, me and 2 other horn players in the studio at CCPA did all of her popular songs for 10 horns and tuba and played it for a horn studio recital haha! Because I was arranging everything, I had to buy all the songs (I hate going to youtube and constantly pushing 'play' over and over) that were in the showcase. This was one of them.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 03:45 PM »

Thx for video - some of those combos are SWEET. 

The UL seems to have a slower and more relaxed looking trick pace that looks great.

6 kite tom
Ace

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 04:15 PM »

Yeah good combo's.  Cool One of the better WM video's I have seen. Seems quick for a largish kite. (Standard that is )

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
ghfisanotti

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 06:09 PM »

I was considering adding a WidowMaker to my collection sooner or later, now, after watching these videos..., I think it'll be sooner than later ;-)
Congratulations to both of you, pilot and camera man, excellent videos!
AlexanderH

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 08:55 PM »

Nice flying Devin

Alexander
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28 PM »

Very nice combos especially on the UL. Did you put more weight ok it? Compared to my WM UL, I have an impression it does.

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
adx1592

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37 PM »

Hey guys thanks for the comments.

Darryl, nope! It's stock. I got the 2 kites the same day we filmed everything. I'm falling in love with it (UL) the more and more I even assemble the thing. Looks like this ones going to be 'THE' UL of the bag, next to the Ocius UL.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:02 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 03:19 AM »

Best WM video yet.  Thanks.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 04:51 AM »

Those are some really nice videos, Devin. Hopefully you get a chance to upload the standard video to Vimeo, the quality seems a lot better in thier viewer for some reason. I hope you get some recognition for increasing sales at Skyburner... I now know that I need a WM UL to go with my WM standard ! Some good lookin' kites, some great lookin' flying !

I was considering adding a WidowMaker to my collection sooner or later, now, after watching these videos..., I think it'll be sooner than later ;-)
Congratulations to both of you, pilot and camera man, excellent videos!

Good choice, Gerardo. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with my WM, I've been spending a lot of time flying it lately, and after seeing these videos, it really inspires me to see what the kite is capable of. Mine came without a weight, and it can be flown in 2-3mph beach wind pretty easily.

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 07:14 AM »

So the phone call was a ploy for me not to attend Angry Huh  hehehehe . weather was so bad I am shocked at video's.  Did You change the colors of the kites ?? Shocked Not same same on Monday...
just could not take the ride in bad weather Cry

Kite Flyer's, Grin
If you do not own a Widow Maker. Cry  Do it now.  Someone has a used std. for sale on swap meet. BUY IT !!  Roll Eyes If not order one today. Tongue  You will not be sorry.  I have a nice group of ten kites.. I started flying my WM in April..check out early video's.  Things got better for me  becuase of the kite.  In comp. two weeks ago I did a really nice fade.  Grin  Held it for a long time.  The WM ul was perfect for the move.   Huh
Save your money, rob mama or a bank,sell the dog,cat,house.  Get a second job,( what really works)... Tongue DECLARE JULY 1st CHRISTMAS..yep !!  Cheesy just read it on the internet so it must be.. Now go buy that Kite for yourself. Kiss

A Must kite for novice flyer's who want to get better. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:15 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document