GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New One  (Read 3693 times)
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 25, 2011, 07:29 AM »

Finally got my new kite, they tried to deliver on Thursday, no one home, they left notice that it would be available after 8:00am for pickup got there at 8:02am, sign on the door at post office, Hours Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 4:30 Sad The longest 30 minutes of my life, I felt like a kid at Christmas.
I got home and assembled it and off to the park to give it a try, winds where very light, I thought to my self no way a standard would fly in this Undecided To my surprise boom right up it went, I thought I was flying a UL or SUL, handled the bumpy wind no problem, found it took way lighter inputs to do the tricks I'm good at Grin One Awesome Kite.

Here it is.

TNT Standard, Competition Aerostuff

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:15 AM »

Best looking TNT I've seen so far....

I just realized what the graphic is... couldn't figure out the whole idea of it up until now... TNT, I get it !  Roll Eyes

~Rob.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 10:30 AM »

Sweet looking TNT backlit. Now all you need is a few UV led's to make it glow for night flying Smiley  I'd like to try that kite one of these days but getting one is a bit out of the budget for a while.  BTW what park is that?  I've been up to GV many times and haven't seen a park that open.

King-J

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:44 PM »

Sweet looking TNT backlit. Now all you need is a few UV led's to make it glow for night flying Smiley  I'd like to try that kite one of these days but getting one is a bit out of the budget for a while.  BTW what park is that?  I've been up to GV many times and haven't seen a park that open.

The Park is actually in Roseville, the site of the former Roseville Kite Festival, (Buljan Park) I fly there at least once or twice a week.

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 09:26 PM »

A kite like the TNT should be noticed.

Your version definitely qualifies.
 Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 06:09 AM »

Nice kite John.

That flo yellow sure is green.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:11 AM »

I wish they would call it Fl Lime.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:45 AM »

I'm not overly sure if I'd want to stare at that all day long.  Sad

YMMV

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
King-J

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 04:30 PM »

I'm not overly sure if I'd want to stare at that all day long.  Sad

YMMV

Mike.

Just got back from a few hours of flying, It looks great in the sky, had a guy from the Nevada Union News paper taking some photos at the park, he really like the color scheme, I guess it's all in what you like Wink, and I love it Grin. It does tricks with the lightest inputs, Flick Flacks with just a snap of the wrist.

Mr.Derrick

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 01:10 AM »

I always thought therewith the TNT looks realy nice the main color must be white .... this TNT prove otherwise !

It does tricks with the lightest inputs, Flick Flacks with just a snap of the wrist.

have you tried the Taz ? If not ... try it,  this kite gives it away like few others.

Some basic tips for flying (and tricking) the TNT :
- Never pull rough! Fly it always as if you will stroke it.
- For nice corners try to fly more push than pull.
- Flic Flacs are a bit tricky. The kite (spine) should be a bit less than horizontal, break the movement gently and leed it back to the fade position - but it sounds like you have fixed this problem already.

wish you so many nice an miricale hours like i spend with this kite

greetings from Berlin- Germany
Dirk
My Kite Picture Page: http://de.zooomr.com/photos/elduderino/sets/38621/
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 03:41 AM »

- For nice corners try to fly more push than pull.

Surely you know this works on all kites.  It's called a french turn when done with the correct push in/pull exit inputs. 

Corners on a Sea Devil.

I assure you, I can make any kite i have make that cornering sound.  Sure, you need to adjust a bit, but they are all stunt kites.

I find this particularly annoying because as trick kiting has become so amazing, beginners and even good fliers often skip (because they don't care, don't appreciate, or can't at all) flying in control during basic flight. 

A person who can do a Jacob's ladder while making horrible corners or awkward landings has missed some of what are in IMHO the most enjoyable aspects of flying.

For me, this is like learning to solo on a guitar before you can play a good solid rhythm progression.   

obi 

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 09:11 AM »

Here is my favorite color so far (mostly black with a dash of color) - perhaps you can reverse-vid for your Zero?

6 kite tom
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 10:14 AM »

Looks like a couple of cheap Chinese knock-offs.  Roll Eyes

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 10:32 AM »

Denny

That's what I was thinking... those can't be real TNT's..

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
kiteclique
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 11:11 AM »

Denny

That's what I was thinking... those can't be real TNT's..

They aren't Embarrassed

Old Chinese proverb say, man who sells copies of kites is a @%$&.

-Frazer
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:13 AM by kiteclique » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document