GWTW Forum
September 22, 2014, 11:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New One  (Read 3813 times)
HiFly
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49 AM »

Looks like a couple of cheap Chinese knock-offs.  Roll Eyes

They are (or maybe homemade), the T-N-T letters must be darker than the 'background'. alphakites definitely won't make one like these.

@King-J
looks nice , another non-white TNT. I like them. There is a teal one also around that looks great. I think gold, wine or anthracite will make a nice one, too.

I had long times on the colorizer for my new one ... ended up with black&white one, but only along the spine Wink At all mine is made of 6 'colors' Grin

'Custom made' is (now) included in the price, but 99% don't use it.

Mike
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 11:50 AM »

- For nice corners try to fly more push than pull.

Surely you know this works on all kites.  It's called a french turn when done with the correct push in/pull exit inputs. 

Corners on a Sea Devil.

I assure you, I can make any kite i have make that cornering sound.  Sure, you need to adjust a bit, but they are all stunt kites.

I find this particularly annoying because as trick kiting has become so amazing, beginners and even good fliers often skip (because they don't care, don't appreciate, or can't at all) flying in control during basic flight. 

A person who can do a Jacob's ladder while making horrible corners or awkward landings has missed some of what are in IMHO the most enjoyable aspects of flying.

For me, this is like learning to solo on a guitar before you can play a good solid rhythm progression.   

obi 
 I find it funny that flying techniques that have been around since the early stunt kite days is being called and/or claimed french.  This type of turn has been part of the yank and spank style the wasp kites have become synonymous with since the late 80's early 90's though it may not be the exact same inputs.

I fully agree with you though that flight control is lacking a lot.  I have seen a lot of fliers that can trick non stop but a good clean figure, slide or well done landing in between tricks, has become "vacant flying" as someone called it.  I guess thats why I lean toward ballet more than any other style because it tends to show how well the pilot can fly in everything from precise figure to tricks.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 06:40 PM »

Denny

That's what I was thinking... those can't be real TNT's..

They aren't Embarrassed

Old Chinese proverb say, man who sells copies of kites is a @%$&.

-Frazer

Sorry for having posted a fake - I did think that the kite looked odd, but still like the main black with TNT colored.

6 kite tom
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 06:49 PM »

Denny

That's what I was thinking... those can't be real TNT's..
The "Azemi sport kite" company name as well as the model names in the pic were the giveaway clue for me.  MOst clones I have seen so far are under that company name and damn near all the clones on evilbay come from them.   That being said it works to show what your talking about Smiley

They aren't Embarrassed

Old Chinese proverb say, man who sells copies of kites is a @%$&.

-Frazer

Sorry for having posted a fake - I did think that the kite looked odd, but still like the main black with TNT colored.

zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 07:21 PM »

I find it funny that flying techniques that have been around since the early stunt kite days is being called and/or claimed french.
What are your views on French fries ? French polishing ? French kissing Wink

As I understand it... the French style of cutting Precision - both hands together on the chest, double push turns with hard acceleration out of the move - really is somewhat different to what was done before.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45 PM »

ssshhhh Mike,

Don't let RandyG know about the push turns from a hands on the chest position. He gave me some very polite grief for bringing it up as a method for abrupt turns.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Stan Doff
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 02:27 PM »

I find it funny that flying techniques that have been around since the early stunt kite days is being called and/or claimed french.
What are your views on French fries ? French polishing ? French kissing Wink

French letters? though I'm sure I heard somewhere that in France they were known as English letters.

As I understand it... the French style of cutting Precision - both hands together on the chest, double push turns with hard acceleration out of the move - really is somewhat different to what was done before.

Mike.

I must gen up on that one,it sounds so much more interesting than my 'pull-for-arc'/punch opposite-for-swivel approach.
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 03:58 PM »

ssshhhh Mike,

Don't let RandyG know about the push turns from a hands on the chest position. He gave me some very polite grief for bringing it up as a method for abrupt turns.  Smiley
LOL! I still love ya, John!  Wink Kiss

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document