GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 01:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Widow Maker UL / North wind towards water... HD add on  (Read 1052 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 25, 2011, 10:55 PM »

Smiley I have been waiting a long time for a day like this... Even got a camera man.. Once in a while not always but every now and then you get one to go your way..Grab it for everything you can...Grin Grin

tn.wmv

This is HD...
tnhd.wmv
  Grin

This was done on Friday nite... Working the Fade...

workin the fade.wmv
  Huh
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:12 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 11:14 PM »

YES!! great videos. I saw the beginning stages of your polishing the 540 at the end. Exciting! I see you'll be bringing a few more polished tricks to KOBC. Smiley Cant wait for that event!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:12 AM »

Nice Video, I love flying in wind like that... barely a ripple on the water. Looks like that WM UL has quite the low range on it, I was wondering how low it could go, since my standard flies easily in 3mph without the weight.
What do you think the wind speed was in the first video ?

~Rob.

vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 07:15 AM »

Must,

The wind was around 3mph.  IO did some stuff earlier over the water but the camera fell over.  No pic's... I was bummed.  A lot of low flying a bit more risque.  I was scared to continue flying.  Worst senerio I was swimming.  The weather cooled down and no body at the beach,which is fine with me.
Sorry I blocked you from youtube.  didn't know it was you send a request I'll approve. Wink

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06 AM »

Sweet save at 1:35, to bad that 540 at the end fell just short but who am I to critique? The 540 is my favorite trick but I can't do them, I've watched Steve do them for hours though and never get tired.

So when are we going to get another song Joe? I thought for sure light winds over the water with a Widowmaker UL would get you to bust a tune  Cheesy

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
vertigo2u

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32 PM »

Mike, I thought the theme to "Titanic" was apprapo...  Cheesy

Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:29 PM »

Awesome flying man, I love to see the progression that people go through to learn tricks. Your videos have gotten better and better over the last few months. It makes me want to try to post one. I love the 540 as well. I can for some reason do them all day long on the right side of the window, but struggle with them on the left... yet I just busted my first taz and it was on the left... kinda odd. 540's and Taz machines are my favorite tricks. I believe the 540 was learned for me before I properly learned a half axel...  Roll Eyes oh well. to each their own. Keep the vids coming man I love to watch the learning process. it helps me out.

Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:09 PM »

Mike, I thought the theme to "Titanic" was apprapo...  Cheesy

No, no, no, waiting for YOU to bust another tune

Metro April 21

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:13 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change