GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first kite video...  (Read 755 times)
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: June 29, 2011, 06:12 PM »

So...  Here is my first kite video..... Wink Wink Been trickin for 8 months so I don't know all that many tricks yet... and when I get my Talon back I'll try to do another.. I am more comfortable on that kite... Here is this one, it's a bit 540 heavy i'd say.. but that's my favorite move since i can't do a taz yet...
Anyway, I have one more that I am trying to finish up... maybe tomorrow I'll have the second video done...

Hope you all like it even though there aren't very many tricks in it... I like to try to master a couple and then I will move on to more... Let me know what you think and what I need to work on.

Thanks,
Shane

My first kite video

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:49 PM »

your bridle seems set a little light, but otherwise looking good. well done.

Fdeli
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:56 PM »

Looking good Smiley. You have my favorite stock colors of the WM. Love the yellow fade!  Nice flying.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 06:17 AM »

Very nice.  Wink
A lot better flying than my first video.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 06:25 AM »

your bridle seems set a little light, but otherwise looking good. well done.

Thanks,
I haven't really messed with the bridle too much. I am borrowing this from "Stickman" here on the forum while my talon is away being fixed. Being too light... does that mean I shoudl bring the nose more forward?

Looking good Smiley. You have my favorite stock colors of the WM. Love the yellow fade!  Nice flying.

Thank you,
I really like these colors as well. (borrowed kite though) but they look awesome when back lit by the sun.

Very nice.  Wink
A lot better flying than my first video.

Denny

Thanks man,
Well, hopefully they get better as time goes on.. I certainly do enjoy it. You should post another, I would love to see you flying those TNT's... I love watching other peoples videos. that is the only instruction I (and lots of other flyers have).

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 07:49 AM »

Being too light... does that mean I should bring the nose more forward?

the other way. to make the kite 'heavier' push the nose back a bit. more air will spill over the leading edge instead of being directed down the sail.

generally speaking the kite will be slower to accelerate from a stall to forward flight but once in forward flight will give better feedback on the lines of what the wind and kite are doing. when you do stall the kite (like in your side slides), you'll have to give up less ground to keep the kite stalled.

setting the nose light can help in really light wind where the kite simply won't fly without you pumping it. with each pump you'll get more altitude, but the trade off is the kite relies more on your input for forward motion, than the wind. so it's easier to get it flying, but harder to keep it flying.

just how light or heavy you choose to set a kite is dependent on personal preference and flying style.

of course this is just my opinion and observation. your mileage may vary, as they say. hopefully someone will chime in and either agree or disagree, but if so elaborate why. more experienced voices always result in greater wisdom.

Fdeli
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change