GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Sea Devil stand. do INSANE trick??  (Read 2152 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 28, 2011, 01:54 PM »

Hi
The SD stand. is from 2005. very trickable.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 
But can it do insane trick?  Shocked
thanks

smooth winds
in.divi.dual
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 02:14 PM »

No, you need a Fearless for that.
vigli

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:25 PM »

I think I saw somewere SD doing insane:
Insane Studies

INSANE studies
vigli

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31 PM »

on this video kite is not SD offcourse but I think I saw video were SD doing that trick
vigli

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:05 PM »

is this:
Sea Devil in action

See on:
on 5min 13 second-momentum
and 5min 19 second-again momentum
thanks
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 04:31 PM »

"Can Sea Devil stand. do INSANE trick??"

Not without some help from the pilot.

But seriously, that was one of Lam's big deal tricks ten years ago in the Master Control era, so I gotta assume he'd like to do it on newer kites too.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 04:33 PM »

Yes.  SD will Insane easily.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
vigli

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 04:45 PM »

I still did't in class for that lnsane-leson.

I have to learn first comete.
Hope SD stand will help me to learn comete well and hope It can do it easy...
 Comete looks very complicate but on the other side pilote moves are similar in move and not to complicate but kite is flying like ....like ........just like comete....
 Huh Huh Huh
I saw on You tube... Undecided
RonG
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 05:50 PM »

I still did't in class for that lnsane-leson.

I have to learn first comete.
Hope SD stand will help me to learn comete well and hope It can do it easy...
 Comete looks very complicate but on the other side pilote moves are similar in move and not to complicate but kite is flying like ....like ........just like comete....
 Huh Huh Huh
I saw on You tube... Undecided

Learn tricks in any order you want, but the comete is far more difficult trick to master than the insane.  In high winds, the insane is pretty much a no-brainer on most kites.
Ace

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 07:59 PM »

Man the stitching on that SD in the video looks pretty ordinary, you sure that's a Sea Devil Huh

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 03:30 AM »

Is there a stunt kite that doesn't??

Seriously, this trick is so easy that if you don't cascade it, it's like almost not a trick.  I would go so far as to say it's almost not a slack line trick even, because one line is tight through the whole maneuver.

You would be far better off in the long run practicing holding a fade for minutes, or getting a good half axel.  Once you have the half axel looking tight, you'll probably revisit the insane long enough to realize it's easy...and then move on to the jacob's ladder, etc. 

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 08:53 AM »

Its a great trick for even extremely high wind.   The easiest way is to fly straight up and then do a snap-lazy and hold tension on the non-slack line - it will quickly fall in and start to rotate.

I like it - cascading them and doing reversing insanes (not all kites like to do this one) or an insane-to half-lazy to fade is fun.  Or, do a cascade, into an insane, back to a cascade, the combos are pretty flexible.

I agree with obi that being able to do a good half-axel is time better spent, but to each his own.  I learned the JL before I could do a decent half-axel and it all took much longer that way.  Then again, I was obsessed with learning the JL - so who knows, I would not have worked as often or as hard on the half-axel alone.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:57 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00 AM »

One of my favorite videos - thx for posting it.  I love the dual-line pairs tricking, totally cool.

6 kite tom
vigli

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 09:21 AM »

Yes, it look very nice.
Spetial the moment when they doing together rising fade, and almoust touch each-other...
Huh Huh Huh
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
 Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:22 AM by vigli » Logged
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08 AM »

I would have to agree with the above posts, the Insane is so darn easy to do that pretty much any kite out there can do it.  You can probably do an insane on a beetle.  I would put money on it that the Sea Devil can do it no problem.  (haven't flown one myself)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document