GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 03:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITW Kymera from Barresi...  (Read 9539 times)
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 10:22 AM »

I wish I new if the blue used was royal blue or light blue. Sure is making me it would be better if it was midnight blue.

It's a sky blue, not a dark blue... Not the answer you wanted, but I hope it helps.

Lime looks a little pale also, so its probably going to be red for me...

The lime isn't dark, but it is almost in the neon range, at least to my eye.

I expect the design quality level was closely watched by Baressi, so it should be good. In my other RC plane hobby, I have seen where the designer had no say in how it was carried out in production.

I was fully involved in tweaking the factory construction... Not in the factory itself, but through a number of factory samples from different dates, after the various adjustments or changes in assembly I submitted... They were very responsive and made every change requested.

Will I actually put hands on and see every kite?
No, but the nine factory samples I've dealt with have all been great, and ITW's quality control has a great reputation thus far... One way or another, they do stand behind their products, which extends itself through Chico Kites and any other shops that carry these kites. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:23 AM by Kitelife » Logged

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 11:24 AM »

Awesome John!

Looking forward to one. I have talked to ITW a few times about this one, and have been told a couple times they go through thier quality control. So it leads me to believe they will be inspected by ITW before being shipped to Chico.
In any case, I am not sure how this migrated to a quality discussion which I am not concerned about at all, just wondered about the color.

Ordering mine in a few minutes...

Kirby

ps. I vote that they add a purple one to the line or that color in the Seaside video. That one looked great!

Kitelife

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 11:25 AM »

Aye, I know they were held up for about a week for the QC process in ITW's offices.

Be sure to place your order through Chico, and thanks for the interest. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
DGomberg
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 06:13 AM »

Gomberg Kites / Northwest Winds Kitestore is hosting a Barresi workshop on the beach in Lincoln City the weekend of July 9-10.  Bring your Kymera, get one from Steve, or check one out here.

Contact John for workshop registration and details.
EBGB

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28 AM »

Opposite the Westport kite festival?

A few sticks short of a full frame.
jeremyf

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 06:49 AM »

Honestly, having flown the chimera a couple times with J.B. it seems as well constructed as most sport

kites on the market.  Trickwise it seems to handle almost everything I'm capable of throwing at it and

the price can't be beat!
DGomberg

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 06:35 AM »

Only weekend in the next two months John was available.....

dg
Kitelife

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 08:43 AM »

Aye, unavoidable... It'll be a small group with lots of focus. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
kepople

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 11:55 AM »

Wish I lived closer
EBGB

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 04:54 PM »

Sounds like I might be able to try a Kymera at Westport - so that part is fun anyway.
There will be a number of "lasts" at Westport that I don't want to miss.

A few sticks short of a full frame.
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 06:57 PM »

I went into ITW today.

John...you will be pleased to know that they have it on the wall on full display.

Nice.  Very nice.

If you decide to visit the store, please look me up.

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
T-Dog

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 11:57 AM »

I've been flying the Kymera for about a month now and I am totally enjoying it!! Back in the mid - late 90's, I flew with Captain Eddies Flying Circus and I had the privledge of flying with Barresi...He taught me a thing or three about flying and I gotta tell ya, the Kymera is everything that I remember about John on the kite field. I have since had kids and my flying time has become limited but the Kymera has stoked that fire and making me want to fly more and more. I see videos on YouTube of people doing extraordinary things with kites these days and the Kymera is allowing this old dog to learn some new tricks!! I highly recommend that you add this kite to your collection. I'm flying it on factory setting with one weight on the spine and doing some funky things with it. Good Winds and Happy Flying!!
bbtech

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01 AM »

Mine is supposed to arrive Thursday. Just in time to take on vacation with me to the lake. Hopefully the winds will be good and I will get to spend a few days getting used to this kite. I can't wait.  Smiley
PAW
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 09:31 AM »

A friend of mine is going by his work to the states in a view weeks...today he has ordered two Kymera which will be shipped to his adress in the states...one of them two kites is mine then  Grin
Can`t wait to have my Kymera on my lines  Smiley
kepople

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 06:44 PM »

Well I got the Kymera that was for sale on the forum here. Had a chance to try it out yesterday. Flies well.
I let my 11 year old daughter give it a try and she killed it...

Soo, I need to order the part that connects the spine to the spreader (whatever the technical term is)...

I dont see parts on the site that sells the kite.

Any idea where to get it?

Kirby
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography